• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Un-zip downloads

Is anyone able to help me...I have downloaded a contrubution onto my desktop, then read the "read me" option but still unable to addto my site.

I have looked and improving my site with extra modules but am finding it hard to figure out when you have un-ziped the download how you add it into the control panel and which part it actually goes into (file manager?)...also how you upload from desktop...?

As you can tell I am very new to this !

Can anyone also give me fedback on my site www.battech.co.uk ?

Thanks !

Wwell you upzip it all and that usually makes a folder/directory that has subfolders containing all the files you have to load. All those folders follow the same structure as your shop under File Manager.

So if the instruction says "load" the file. You open File Manager on your CPanel and you move to the directory that the file belongs to. Then you click on the Upload File option that is up the top and you browse your C:/ until you find the file to load. If it says to replace the old one then you tick the replace box. (Always a good idea to take a copyu of the old file first - I usually just rename it to filename.bak) Then you just click the button and it loads it!

It is going to be harder when you have to edit a file though ... you may need to come back and ask more questions

Archived