• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looping pages...

siberian

Hi all, looks great so far but here are the problems I have encountered. They all seem related so its probably stemming from one cause.

1) When I attempt to use the web-base installer it will never leave step 1 (after selecting 'Install a new online store'. It just reloads the same page over and over whether I use firefox or IE

2) So I create the store by hand. Now anything I submit just loops as well so I can not create a user account etc.

These are both probably some wierd PHP thing and I just need to turn on some configuration variable. Can anyone point me to it?

3) When I go to the admin site I get this error :

1046 - No database selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

So its obviously not finding ../includes/configuration.php

Using :

Apache/2.0.50

PHP 5.0.0 (cli) (built: Jan 28 2005 09:34:01)

Copyright © 1997-2004 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v2.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.6, Copyright © 2003-2004, by Zend Technologies

with Zend Optimizer v2.5.7, Copyright © 1998-2004, by Zend Technologies

Anyone have any tips? Do I need to downgrade to PHP 4? I sure hope not..

John-

Have you actually created an empty database?

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

You betcha. I even see products on the front page.

Interestingly, it appears that PHP is ignoring even the GET arguments since clicking on a product brings up a page 'product can not be found'.

So, mysql is populated, the front page user catalog connects, the admin does not connect and no CGI arguments get passed to os Commerce.

It 'feels' like a deeper php issue, any ideas?

J

Have you actually created an empty database?

You need to make sure that the database info in your admin/includes/configure.php file matches what you have on the catalog side. The 1046 error means it is not able to access the database.

Keep in mind that osC is not php5 compatable. While I have not see it cause the problems you describe you might try dropping down to 4.3.10

Post a url and we can take a look at it.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived