• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subject line: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

freddyboy

This is the Email I got from OS when I placed an order. This Email addy is listed as an address for debugging. Will I get an Email like this everytime an order is placed or is there something in this Email that I should be looking at because it is invalid?

The order I made seems to have went through without a problem. The subject line in the Email received is: PayPal IPN Invalid Process and when I go into orders in Admin I get in the comments field: PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]. But like I said everything looks like it processed correctly.

$_POST:

mc_gross=0.20

invoice=4

item_number1=

payer_id=W4RXHGRA3H3LC

tax=0.00

payment_date=22:35:52 Feb 13, 2005 PST

payment_status=Completed

mc_tax1=0.00

mc_shipping=0.10

mc_handling=0.00

first_name=Fred

mc_fee=0.20

notify_version=1.6

custom=2

payer_status=unverified

[email protected]

num_cart_items=1

mc_handling1=0.00

[email protected]

verify_sign=An5ns1Kso7MWUdW4ErQKJJJ4qi4-Asm-qtVytFhnteehPw1WsREdgxvH

mc_shipping1=0.10

tax1=0.00

txn_id=8GA6256745104131G

payment_type=instant

last_name=Smith

item_name1=Blade Runner - Director\'s Cut

[email protected]

payment_fee=0.20

quantity1=1

receiver_id=EX5WY99A3GJW4

txn_type=cart

mc_currency=USD

mc_gross_1=0.20

receipt_id=0504-4900-5435-0784

payment_gross=0.20

$_GET:

The install.html file says:

Debug E-Mail Address

All parameters to an Invalid order is sent to this e-mail address for debugging/verification purposes.

I think you got this email because the buyer is unverified. This lets you know you need to make a decision about shipping.

If this is a sandbox sale, go to the sandbox and get the sandbox customer verified, do another sale and see if you get the debug email.

Also, any order returned Invalid does not update the status of the order in osC. After you review the debug email and make a decision, you would manually update the status.

Edited by RikR

Rik Rasmussen

Ahh Rik again, Thank You Rik!

This is not a SandBox sale it's a Live sale. I purchased through the cart and did not use my paypal account, I went through the cart as a customer w/o a paypal acccount, however I am registered as a registered member in the Os cart.

So am I to assume anyone who chooses "I do not have a PayPal account"/does not have a Paypal account I can expect to recieve these debug emails?

Now that's because if you already have Paypal account you are condsidered less of a risk therefore making the sale a bit more secure.

am I right or wrong?

A customer can be "unverified" with or without a PayPal account. Even if they have an account setup with PayPal, they can be "unverified" if they have not followed the PayPal procedure to verify their account.

Rik Rasmussen

Understood: A customer can be "unverified" with or without a PayPal account.

Is this a bad thing?

Even if they have an account setup with PayPal, they can be "unverified" if they have not followed the PayPal procedure to verify their account.

If so, what would be the normal procedure to have the purchase verified?

Thanks

From Paypal help:

Account Basics - Verification

What does it mean to be a Verified member of PayPal?

For U.S. PayPal account holders, being Verified means you have added and confirmed a bank account, or have been otherwise Verified by PayPal. Because Verification increases the security of the PayPal network, you'll be able to do the following once you're Verified:

Lift your sending and withdrawal limits

Send payments instantly using a checking account

Become eligible for the Seller Protection Policy

Increase credibility with sellers and/or buyers (since being Verified means you have confirmed ownership of a bank account)

Non-U.S. members can also become Verified by completing their Expanded Use Enrollment. However, non-U.S. Verified members do not currently qualify for and are not covered by the Buyer Complaint Policy or the Seller Protection Policy.

Rik Rasmussen