• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding products - best sellers?

importer2

I am a newbie to e-commerce and the use of php and hold very little knowledge with altering my website. Can someone tell me how I go about adding products to the "best sellers" scroll down list? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the adminstration section. Cheers!

...Can someone tell me how I go about adding products to the "best sellers" scroll down list?...

If you refer to the module that you can see on the right or left side, than the short answer is you are not suppose to do any "adding". The purpose of this contrib (module) is to show what customer have bought in the past from your store, which item is the most popular in the store, category or even subcategory.

If you like to change it you have to make thn some orders, well at least you have to change the number of ordered products in the database. But be aware as soon as customers order products over the store they start to change the ordered product number in your database and eventually the ranking of the products in "Best Seller"...

Cheers

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
If you like to change it you have to make thn some orders, well at least you have to change the number of ordered products in the database.

I am experiencing a weird effect after a recent upgrade. My prices in osc inventory do not match my prices in the best seller list. Prices in osc inventory are correct vs prices listed when best seller item is clicked/selected. Wierd I know, my question is how can I reset the best seller list within the database. In other word, which table holds the best seller info and if I wipe the entries, will my new sales eventually repopulate the best seller list?

Any help would be greatly appeciated, as this is driving me crazy with question from clients asking to get the cheaper best seller price.

Webz -------> @(-_-)@

Archived