• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DHL/Airborne ShipIt

I am installing the DHL_Airborne_ShipIT_v1.400 for a second time, the first time on osCommerce... the second time on CRE Loaded osCommerce. I have been unable to get it to work either time. I can see the module in Admin/modules/shipping... and can edit the settings fine. I do have my DHL ID, Key, and PW entered. I just see the following message in the shipping section during the checkout process:

An error occured with the DHL/Airborne shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use DHL/Airborne as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

In debug mode I see my request but get nothing for a response.

The install instructions say:

In admin/modules.php, around line 37 change:

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {
   case 'save':
     while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
     }

to this:

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {
   case 'save':
       if( is_array( $value ) ) $value = implode( ", ", $value);
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
     }

On the CRE Loaded version I already have:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   switch ($action) {
     case 'save':
         if( is_array( $value ) ){
           $value = implode( ", ", $value);
         $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
       }
       }

Does anyone have any ideas what my problem could be???

Just a little over my head!

Thanks

I think I may have narrowed it down to cURL and OpenSSL. Neither are enabled in my server it appears.... any thoughts?

I was about to post that if you see the general error, "An error occured with the DHL/Airborne shipping calculations. If you prefer to use DHL/Airborne as your shipping method, please contact the store owner," it means that the module is probably unable to connect to the ShipIT server.

As for thoughts, well you need to have cURL with SSL support enabled. It's really as simple as that. So if you want to use this module, you either need to ask your host to enable cURL with SSL support, or find a host that does. cURL is used for alot of things, especially secure sever to sever communications. I think you'll find that you will not get very far in eCommerce without having cURL enabled with SSL support.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• 1 year later...
I am installing the DHL_Airborne_ShipIT_v1.400 for a second time, the first time on osCommerce... the second time on CRE Loaded osCommerce. I have been unable to get it to work either time. I can see the module in Admin/modules/shipping... and can edit the settings fine. I do have my DHL ID, Key, and PW entered. I just see the following message in the shipping section during the checkout process:

An error occured with the DHL/Airborne shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use DHL/Airborne as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

In debug mode I see my request but get nothing for a response.

I am getting the same error as this guy was. No response from DHL. However, I took a look at the Server Info tool in osCommerce and found that cURL and SSL are enabled:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6 zlib/1.1.4

I e-mailed DHL XML support, and they ran a request using the same credentials I am using, and everything worked fine. I have tried to install this module on two separate installs of osCommerce on my server (one install was heavily modified, the other was the default MS2 install). Both of them get No reponse for the XML request. What other steps can I take to troubleshoot this issue?

Edited by jedhu0920

• 4 weeks later...
I am getting the same error as this guy was. No response from DHL. However, I took a look at the Server Info tool in osCommerce and found that cURL and SSL are enabled:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.10.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a ipv6 zlib/1.1.4

I e-mailed DHL XML support, and they ran a request using the same credentials I am using, and everything worked fine. I have tried to install this module on two separate installs of osCommerce on my server (one install was heavily modified, the other was the default MS2 install). Both of them get No reponse for the XML request. What other steps can I take to troubleshoot this issue?

I'm getting the same error for my store I just recently setup. I just purchased my SSL cert from my webhost, and I made sure the enabled cURL and everything else needed. Any updates on a fix for this. I think ill call DHL tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the same error but I did not have a ID Password or shipping key. Now that I have entered the information I do not get the DHL shipping to show in check out. Also, When I select the types of shipping and choose Update nothing saves. Ideas???

Mark