• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Broken link in checkout_shipping.php

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody ran into this problem. In my checkout procedure I can't get from shipping portion to payment portion when the continue button is clicked. If you manually change the address from checkout_shipping.php to checkout_payment.php, everything works fine. It's just getting from shipping to payment where I am stuck. Any ideas would be REALLY appreciated!

naturalsamba.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem. Clicking the 'Continue' button only reloads the shipping page. :huh: I have my cart set up to where there are really no shipping options as I ship everything through USPS. Could this be part of the problem? Does the program like having more than one so people can choose? (I'm hoping not).

Do you have additional shipping modules installed? If so, do any of them have a filename separated with an underscore? (i.e. us_air.php)

If you have a filename with an underscore, that's likely causing the problem. Rename the file and change all instances of the underscored name in the /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/module_name.php to something like /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/modulename.php, as well as in the associated language files.

If that's not the issue, perhaps you can post a link and I'll take a look.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Rick,

I got through the checkout_shipping page on your screen fine. I tried choosing two different options and both moved me forward to checkout_payment.

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Figured out what was wrong with mine. I had not totally completed setting up my shipping logic. As soon as I did, it moved forward to the payment page just fine. Thought I would post my solution in case it was helpful to anyone. :D

Julieann

Thanks for the responses,

Yeah, I had incorrect logic in my shipping set-up as well. I spent days pouring through my shipping.php and other files looking for some kind of syntax error only to find out the problem was with the way I had shipping set-up in my admin section. OK, I feel smart! I'm sure there is a lesson in that for a lot of us.

Good luck to all,

NaturalSamba

My problem was with how I set up shipping in my admin. I had enable free shipping set, and in another section I had free shipping set for orders over $5. This caused a problem, and clicking continue on checkout_shipping section caused the same page to load, instead of advancing to checkout_payment. Look at how you have shipping set up in your admin and make sure everything there is correct.

Hope that helps!

NS

Archived