• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders made off site

I've just installed osCommerce as a test site and am exloring it to see if it can do what I need.

I sell my products IRL as well as online - can I mark on the site when a product has been sold IRL, i.e. without payment going through the website, in order to keep a more accurate best selling list?

Apologies if it is a stupid question!

oscommerce can be modded to whatever you are capable of scripting into it.

there are almost 2500 contiribution addons already made available for download.

in the admin panel you can set products to in stock, out of stock, comming soon, etc.

about marking products as sold outside of the cart. hmm. maybe by manipulating the database through phpmyadmin...or you log in with a fake account to pretend to buy the item...find and/or create code that allows this to happen.

the cart is only limited by how far you want to customize it, the boundaries of your coding and the willingness to learn.

Thanks for this.  I am looking through the contributions now to see if there is anything that suits - before I write my own! :)

not always easy to find.

what I do is I simply have an admin account and if someone purchases items from the real store which are also sold online, I make the order myself and indicate at the order comments that it is a real store purchase with "store pickup" shipping method.

This will keep the stock levels up to date as well as the bestsellers and order totals information.

Treasurer MFC

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for just the opposite... I want to create a user account/password, stuff 1 or more products in a cart and email the customer a link to go and add the shipping address and cc payment (we do a lot of ebay....) Have I just not found it or is this a new one: >_<

I've just installed osCommerce as a test site and am exloring it to see if it can do what I need.

I sell my products IRL as well as online - can I mark on the site when a product has been sold IRL, i.e. without payment going through the website, in order to keep a more accurate best selling list?

Apologies if it is a stupid question!

you might find that the edit_order contribution helps, this allows you to enter other orders through the admin interface (e.g. via phone or post). Just haven't worked out how to get it working with QTPro...