• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Installation Configuration Warnings

rpfray

Hi everyone. First post from a newbie... :blush:

I'm installing v2.2ms2 and I've encountered my first 'problem'. The database installation went fine, but on completion of the osCommerce configuration, I received rather a lot of warnings. My question is: if these are bugs that are going to require fixing at some point, should I do it right now? And if so, where's the best place to go for info on how to fix 'em?

----------------

Warning: fopen(/home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/shadesof/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

----------------

Any advice appreciated :D

Richard

You need to backup and change the permissions on your two configure.php files to 777 then once the install is done change them to 444

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

hopefully you'll let us know if this works. i ran into the same problem and posted for help here a couple days ago ( view thread ) but someone told me totally different permissions settings:

folders 755

files 644

configure.php files 400

:blink:

in any case, i'm still having major trouble because the person i'm setting the store up for is using hostonce, which runs windows based servers with nothing in the control pannel to allow permissions changes, so i can't chmod myself from ftp. the tech support for the hosting company swears i do need to change permissions, so i sent them the entire string of warnings.

hopefully you'll let us know if this works. i ran into the same problem and posted for help here a couple days ago ( view thread ) but someone told me totally different permissions settings:

folders 755

files 644

configure.php files 400

:blink:

in any case, i'm still having major trouble because the person i'm setting the store up for is using hostonce, which runs windows based servers with nothing in the control pannel to allow permissions changes, so i can't chmod myself from ftp. the tech support for the hosting company swears i do need to change permissions, so i sent them the entire string of warnings.

Yes, this worked for me. Once I'd found out what chmod meant :blush: and how to do it :blush: it was easy.

Having had major problems in the past with incompatibility between server and shopping cart, I was careful to select a shopping cart that was recommended by the server, so they would definitely be compatible. From my own experience, I'd say it would be advisable for you to change servers, painful as that may be. >_< Otherwise you could encounter regular problems. It will be worth it in the long run.

Good luck.... B)

Archived