• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Comparing Files

TCwho

Hey everyone. I just used a program called UltraEdit32 to compare files, and it is fantastic. I have been using TextPad for a few months now, and just wanted to try other editors out. But for those that have used textpad, it is kinda hard to compare files(confusing). but check out the screenshot of how ultraedit32 compared files:

temp6.gif

I was using it to compare the osC default catalog/admin/categories.php file with the modified one from Meta Tags 3.0a FIXED contribution...

If there is an even BETTER program out there for comparing files and editing php files etc, please feel free to share.

I haven't used UltraEdit so I can't really compare them, but I use Compare and Merge. It finds the changes, allows you to merge the found changes and allows comparing of whole directories, among other options. Beyond Compare is also a program used by many here on the forums.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I really like ConText, it is great. Its freeware, works like a charm, and has a compare function similar to what you are showing (it also has a feature that if you double click on a line it will take you to that line in the document)

Also, it has a wide range of highlighters, and many 3rd party plug ins that I have had varrying degrees of success with.

I definately recommend checking it out if anyone is looking for a new/free/nice editor.

I haven't used UltraEdit so I can't really compare them, but I use Compare and Merge.  It finds the changes, allows you to merge the found changes and allows comparing of whole directories, among other options.  Beyond Compare is also a program used by many here on the forums.

Jack

Whoa! I like that Merge found changes feature....gotta check it out ....

Archived