• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forbidden

evanmugford

basically my problem is after i install i get forbiden on all pages for the software

it is running on my own server

2003 server enterprize , apachie with php and msql

the install process goes flawlessly i made a new database for it befor installing it logs in no problem and improts the data

when i check mysql and go to the database for the shop all the data is entered in the database for it.

the exact error i receive is

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/://24.222.82.76/calalog/admin/configuration.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at 24.222.82.76 Port 80

i get this on all the pages for oscommerce

if i put a index.html file in the folder then goto catalog it will bring up the html file fine?

to install i put the catalog folder in the root of my server then went to addy/catalog/install

that went flawlessly i first got the error at the finished screen when youfinish installing oscommerce when it gives you the option to click to go to the configuration i get the forbidden error.

im totaly lost now and any help would be greatly apreciated

thanks in advance

During the install process the 'install' folder as well as the two configure.php files need to be set to full permissions 777 for the install to be able to write to the two configure.php files. I don't know if this is the source of your problem but you could check and find out.

Vger

Okay, did a little more checking and went to http://24.222.82.76/catalog/index.php and got this error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in e:\server\apache\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Looks like your sql settings are wrong in configure.php

Vger

i got the computer shut off right now repairing another one thats why you got that error. but for the set folder to 777 can you set the permissions on a windows server i was under the impresion only in linux? ill have it back on it like 20 min just putting windows on another server.

thanks for the prompt awnsers not use to that lol most forums you write in c\and check back the next day lol

ok i got the server back up getting ready to try the install again i noticed if i go to properties on the folder catalog its set to read only i change it then go back a few min later and its back to read only?

if i cannot get it going this time ill re set it all up agian to see if you can do the install and then you could see the errors. security is not an issue on this machien as it will be moving to a new server soon. (if you don't mind)

Archived