• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving store to new directory

kidalog

Hello,

I am trying to move my OsCommerce store from www.animehypercubed.com/kidalog to www.animehypercubed.com. I seem to have partially done this, but I am getting the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/modules/upcoming_products.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 316

Warning: main(includes/modules/upcoming_products.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 316

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/upcoming_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 316

and:

Warning: main(includes/modules/new_products.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(includes/modules/new_products.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/new_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 313

I've so far been unable to fix this - any suggestions?

Hello,

I am trying to move my OsCommerce store from www.animehypercubed.com/kidalog to www.animehypercubed.com.  I seem to have partially done this, but I am getting the following error message:

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/upcoming_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 316

and:

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/new_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 313

I've so far been unable to fix this - any suggestions?

I would suggest against the redirect. As it will hurt you with search engines possibly. The ONLY redirecting you should be doing are the following:

1. Java redirect when someone comes in from a listing from a search engine and you would rather send them to the category and have the page moved to that item so they can click on it if they wish or see your entire website.

2. Permanent redirect telling any current links cached etc that they should be redirected to your new link.

Redirecting from /catalog to root is going to produce ackward stats and search engine issues. The proper way is to edit the files needed.

Open your favorite editor and edit: Catalog/Includes/Configure.php and change all your CATALOG to just / - in other words, deleted the word catalog Or in your case - kidalog.

make sure you keep the trailing / on other directories otherwise it will give you errors. Here I am posting mine so you can see..

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.examplewebsite.com'); // eg, [url=http://localhost]http://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, [url=https://localhost]https://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.examplewebsite.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '/');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home2/examplewebsite/public_html/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

I've tried your suggestion, but haven't had any luck - I'm still getting the same error message. Additionally, when I enter a category of my store I get the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/modules/product_listing.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 280

Warning: main(includes/modules/product_listing.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 280

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/product_listing.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kidalog/public_html/index.php on line 280

My configure.php script is:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.animehypercubed.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.animehypercubed.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.animehypercubed.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.animehypercubed.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Any other suggestions?

Did you move your catalog directories one level above. Presumely when you install your catalog, it will be something like public_html/catalog/index.php. You have to move all files and folders in your catalog to your root directories meaning public_html/index.php and so on. Then modify to point it your root - admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php. If not ftp to your server and check whether index.php is there. The warning said cannot open index.php and also i noticed your SSL is set to true. Have install any or purchased any SSL cert yet?

Hope this help.

Kevin

I wasn't having any luck at fixing the error messages on these pages, so I re-installed OsCommerce and have copied files from my backup into the re-installed version. Everything looks fine (no error messages), but my products are not showing up in the store....does anyone know which files I still need to copy so that products show up in the store? (stupid question, sorry, I'm a newbie at this!)

the only products showing up in the re-installed OsCommerce store is the default products. (see www.kidalog.net).

Did you take a backup of your old database and reinstall that after you installed osCommerce again? If you reinstaled osCommerce and kept the same name for the database then you may have overwritten the old one. If you gave the new database a different name then your old one will still be there, and all you have to do is to change the database name in your newly setup includes/configure.php files (both of them).

Vger

Thanks for all of your help, I really do appreciate it. I got almost everything working. The product_listing.php was missing from the includes/modules folder for some reason, I just put the file in the directory and that works now.

Everything seems to be working fine. When I did the new installation I did not write over my old database.

The only issue I am having now is that the icons in the admin page aren't showing up. I did make sure that they were in the pointed to correct folder for eg. icon_info.gif is in the admin/images/ directory and that's what it seems to be pointed to. But nothing shows up. I check the permissions on the icon_info.gif file and all seems to be well. I moved the icon_info.gif file to www.animehypercubed.com/images/icon_info.gif just to see if it was something about the admin/images/ folder and I wasn't able to view the picture in my browser using www.animehypercubed.com/images/icon_info.gif

I did try using a new icon_info.gif file and copied over the old file but still the same results.

I don't think it has anything to do with the admin/includes/configure.php file.

I know it's gotta be something stupid I'm doing. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you very much for everyone's help so far.

Archived