• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easypopulate Strange Behaviour

enig99

I have a strange problem, and not sure why or how it's happening...

Easypopulate 2.74-MS2 ...

We have a large database of products, and when I try to import products I get a mysql syntax error when the product's manufacturer already exists.

But wait, there's more..

I am not sending ANY manufacturer data. My fields are:

v_products_model v_products_quantity v_products_image v_products_price v_products_date_avail v_products_weight v_products_status v_products_tax_class_id v_products_description_1 v_products_name_1 v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 EOREOR Most of my model numbers do have vendor-specific prefixes. This is the only way I can figure that it's finding it is by those prefixes.. but HOW? :blink: I've looked all through the code and cannot pin it down.. The data import goes fine until it reaches one whose somehow-derived-manufacturer exists in the database..

Here it is:

IBM1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'manufacturers_id from manufacturers WHERE manufacturers_name

manufacturers_id from manufacturers WHERE manufacturers_name = 'IBM'

It's driving me crazy ... :wacko:

:wacko:

>_< D'OH! :blush:

Ok, nevermind...

I found the problem :thumbsup:

I still don't know HOW it's getting the manufacturer's name... BUT somehow the word "select" had been left off the query string.

But still... can anyone point me to where it's doing this? I'm just curious now... it's a nice feature..