• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dropshipping

abuata

I need help on setting up dropshipping. My store currently has items that ship from my location, Georgia. I am adding items that will be dropshiped from California. I currently use the fedex shipping for my shipping. How would I set this up?

Thanks

I need help on setting up dropshipping.  My store currently has items that ship from my location, Georgia.  I am adding items that will be dropshiped from California.  I currently use the fedex shipping for my shipping.  How would I set this up?

Thanks

Do you really want your competitors to place and order to find out where you are drop shipping from? Just run the store and print or PDF your customer's orders over to your drop shipper.

I need help on setting up dropshipping.  My store currently has items that ship from my location, Georgia.  I am adding items that will be dropshiped from California.  I currently use the fedex shipping for my shipping.  How would I set this up?

Thanks

Well there are several ways to do this. If your dropshippers take care of everything and provide you with a track #, should be pretty easy. I take it your challenge is determining shipping fee's? well having been faced with this quite some time ago, I elected to do fixed shipping prices. After 2 yrs in business, pretty much got shipping charges figured out to a science.

You could try to setup shipping with those zones but will probably have the odd order where you are either charging way too much or way too little (depending on what you sell).

If you really know your product line and understand how shipping is calculated, individual shipping price per product might work for you.

Do you really want your competitors to place and order to find out where you are drop shipping from?  Just run the store and print or PDF your customer's orders over to your drop shipper.

:blink:

this is crap. why do you automatically assume using a dropship model gives the competition an edge? Obviously you have no experience with this....

:blink:

this is crap. why do you automatically assume using a dropship model gives the competition an edge? Obviously you have no experience with this....

Your answer is crap.

Here's a great example. A company I bought shirts from, which I thought had everything in stock, drop shipped straight from the manufacturer. Funny thing is when I received the package, it had the dropshipper's address on the BOL.

Guess where I ordered my next set of shirts from at a lower cost just by opening up a dealer account? :D

Now if you can be an adult without answering "this is crap" then maybe I'll show you other ways of going about this since I DROP SHIP. And no, dropshipping does not give the competition an edge, it gives us an edge.

Your answer is crap.

Here's a great example.  A company I bought shirts from, which I thought had everything in stock, drop shipped straight from the manufacturer.  Funny thing is when I received the package, it had the dropshipper's address on the BOL. 

Guess where I ordered my next set of shirts from at a lower cost just by opening up a dealer account?  :D

Now if you can be an adult without answering "this is crap" then maybe I'll show you other ways of going about this since I DROP SHIP.  And no, dropshipping does not give the competition an edge, it gives us an edge.

Why do you assume all drop shippers put THEIR name on packing slips??? There are really good wholesalers/dropshippers that customize all packing info. including fedex shipping labels for their jobbers.

Good for you if you got some deal. But do not assume it is the same elsewhere. that is why your answer is crap and misleading to others reading this post.

Why do you assume all drop shippers put THEIR name on packing slips??? There are really good wholesalers/dropshippers that customize all packing info. including fedex shipping labels for their jobbers.

Good for you if you got some deal. But do not assume it is the same elsewhere. that is why your answer is crap and misleading to others reading this post.

Your answer is crap. I gave a simple solution that may work for the poster. If you don't like it, too bad. I never claimed that all drop shippers put their name on the packing slip like you ASSumed I said.

The simple solution, if you have Adobe Acrobrat, when you print the packing slip, use Adobe PDF as the output printer and save the file and email it to your dropshipper or print it and fax it over.

A simple solution but it sounds like it's too much for YOU, the person who didn't ask the question in the first place, to comprehend.

Also as for figuring out the S&H, your drop shipper may send you a price list, you could always go to the mfg's page and see if they have product and weight descriptions to go by which is what i do and input the weight in your store front.

Edited by John Holmes

WOW guys, this is interesting. :'( You both bring up good points here. Fact is I just sell little simple wooden toys to "Mommies". Majority of my products I own in a facility. I just want to add products and broaden my selection by dropping from some elses warehouse. My problem is that I use Fedex live calculated shipping mod that has been great for me, but now that I'll be shipping from somewhere else that wont work for me. I thought there was a module or a way to mark these items to ship another way (from another zip code) with out having to undo every thing else I've put together. I looked at the multple vendor mod, but unsure that this is the answer. I suppose I could use the per item shipping and just change everything. Just didn't really want to do that. But Yes the problem is calculating the shipping.

I would love for all the readers that do dropshipping to *please* join this post and give me ideas. I am new to OSC and learning all I can everyday.

Thanks guys,

Carla

:thumbsup:

Hello, Im interested in this topic but all I want to do is to e-mail my wholesaler the packing slip through the admin (i.e. maybe use a button) as not all my products are from one source and some I have in stock. As all necessary info is on the packing slip (not to send order slip)

I know this is probably fairly simple task for someone but how do you do it?

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

I'm also trying to set up things for a dropshipper, but have nothing really to add here, except that it would be good if we could order stuff from more than one dropship source. I have four and was told that it won't work, so it looks like I'll have to can three of them.

I'm also trying to set up things for a dropshipper, but have nothing really to add here, except that it would be good if we could order stuff from more than one dropship source. I have four and was told that it won't work, so it looks like I'll have to can three of them.

Wait a minute. I may have interpreted your reply here wrong but are you saying that you are going to drop three vendors just because a contribution will not work with osC?

John,

People like you are getting osCommerce a bad name. Your comments are unhelpful and foul mouthed. Your a relative newbee to the forums and I would ask you to respect the forum and those on it. The continious use of the word 'crap' and foul language will have your posts removed.

Be helpful in your comments. With an excess of 55 thousand members, most looking for help, a lot willing to give and offer help and support, help can sometimes be slow.

Treat others with the respect that you would like to recieve.

PhilipH

Edited by PhilipH

Hi John - I am really green. I have a store here that I'm trying to open-

http://myfavorites.vstore.ca

The administrator at vstore told me that it was impossible to set up a store with more than one dropship supplier. Maybe thats not true, but for now I have to take his word for it. I haven't found anything so far that indicates otherwise. If anyone knows how to get around this, I sure would appreciate it. Actually, I would be glad if I could make it work with even one supplier. For now, that's my goal.

And if I'm hijacking this topic, I really must apologize to the topic starter here (I can't determine who that is at the moment, because the name is at the other end of this page but - ).

PhillipH,

I don't see how my reply was bad mouthing. I asked a question to verify what this person said and it looks like I was right.

The reason why I asked is because why would you drop three other vendors that could possibly give you a better price JUST because there isn't a contribution that modifies osC to allow you to do so?

I would work 'around' osC and continue to work with all four vendors because one of them might be the 'one' who gives better service as a dropshipper.

Basically what I would do is continue to work with all four vendors and just e-mail or fax over the customer's packing slip.

Don't limit yourself just because you feel osC will limit how your business is run.

• 14 years later...