• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help!!

acsltd

Not very happy at the moment. Let me explain...

I have downloaded the latest milstone release, and FTP'd the contents of the catalog folder onto my web site. However, when I run the installation procedure, I receive the following message :

Warning: main(includes/functions/general.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/118/site267/web/catalog/install/includes/application.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/functions/general.php' (include_path='/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/118/site267/web/catalog/install/includes/application.php on line 22

Line 22 of this file is : require('includes/functions/general.php');

The general.php file is not in the correct folder relative to the application.php file; this line would have to be changed to require('../includes/functions/general.php');

for the process to work.

Question : Has anyone encountered this same problem and have I done something wrong? I have unzipped the tar file keeping all the relative paths, and uploaded to my site using a basic FTP package. Do I need to adjust all the paths myself to get this to work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

The only difference between the tar and zip file is that it is easier to use the unzip function on a Windows computer than it is to unpack a tarball.

You say you have uploaded the contents of the 'catalog' folder. This is all you need to upload. Check to make sure that the 'install' folder is in the root of your website files, and that the 'admin' folder is at the same level. Make sure that the 'install' folder is set to full permissions (777)

You have set up a blank database haven't you? You'll find detailed information on the installation procedure in the Knowledge Base - a good place to start if you have never installed osC before.

Vger

Thanks vger, but have done as advised and still get same error. So I can be clear, I now have the catalog, install and admin folders at the root level of my web site. How will this help, when the file paths of the PHP require statements seem to be incorrect? Have searched knowlegebase and all other sources for answers but still to no avail.

Thanks!

Did you copy up all of the catalog subdirectories? It's unlikely that the code is incorrect, as there are tens of thousands of others who are using that code as well . . .

-jared

One possibility is that you are hosted on a server that only allows php to be run via the cgi bin (maybe FreeBSD system). I have found cases of this where you are not allowed to install in the root directory with this system, and have to install in a folder such as 'catalog' above the root. Also, you may not be able to install yourself on this type of server, but have to install from an automated install in your control panel. You need to check with your hosting company as to what is allowed.

Vger

Archived