• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make my online website popular

tyz6970

Hi,

I have checked my rank in Yahoo and Google, but the result are very bad, I have download the SEO assistant and also the header controller.

Can anyone help me, how/what I have to do inorder to make my on-line website more search friendly.

My Webpage

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I have checked my rank in Yahoo and Google, but the result are very bad,  I have download the SEO assistant and also the header controller.

Can anyone help me, how/what I have to do inorder to make my on-line website more search friendly.

My Webpage

Thank you in advance.

For start I would change the logo from Oscommerce. Then change the colour (very poor choice bright yellow/orange) and put some more products in.

Make it a little more appealing... you have a great domain name though.

Just a few quick points:

You have a mistake on your page: TEXT_GREETING_GUEST

You need more text on the page. The scrolling text is probably not seen by the SE's so isn't helping any.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For start I would change the logo from Oscommerce. Then change the colour (very poor choice bright yellow/orange) and put some more products in.

Make it a little more appealing... you have a great domain name though.

Thank you for your compliment. I know that the colour is a bit awkward, anyway, the actual colour should be pink.

Re., colour - it depends on what screen you're viewing the site with - on mine the colour of the info box headers etc. is pale yellow.

Now for the bad news. Your website is brand new, has only a few products, doesn't have any information in the Shipping, Privacy and Conditions pages, and has various errors for box headings.

It's perhaps hard to accept - but it's going to take you between six and 12 months to get good rankings with the major search engines. It takes time and a lot of effort.

Vger

Just a few quick points:

You have a mistake on your page: TEXT_GREETING_GUEST

You need more text on the page. The scrolling text is probably not seen by the SE's so isn't helping any. 

Jack

Ya, I still in the midst of changing the main page. So, I got this TEXT_GREETING_GUEST mistake appear. As I know nut about php, so, I may

take sometime to adjust it. I will read up the manual and get it done as soon as possible.

You mentioned that the scrolling text is probably not seen by the SE's, what is this SE's stand for.

But what I mean is that what should I do inorder to made my website search engine friendly. ( example to add good meta or someother thing.), so when someone search for any item that relate to my product, my website will appear in the front row.

Hope to hear from your expertise advise.

Thank you

SE = Search Engine. To get a better position in the search engine result pages, which is what you are asking I think, you need to make certain changes to your site. This is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. There are all sorts of things you need to do in this regard. For the title and meta tags, you should, IMO, install the Header Tags Controller contribution. For a long list of other things to do, search the forums for SEO. There are many, many threads on the subject. You should also search google and visit some of the SEO forums. It is not a difficult subject to master but there is a lot to it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

SE = Search Engine.  To get a better position in the search engine result pages, which is what you are asking I think, you need to make certain changes to your site. This is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. There are all sorts of things you need to do in this regard.  For the title and meta tags, you should, IMO, install the Header Tags Controller contribution.  For a long list of other things to do, search the forums for SEO.  There are many, many threads on the subject.  You should also search google and visit some of the SEO forums.  It is not a difficult subject to master but there is a lot to it.

Jack

Hi Jack

Thank you for your reply

I didn't know there are so many thing to do. OK. I will start one by one.

Thank you

Archived