• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just enabled Downloads to True but

TCwho

Hi everyone

I recently installed the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution...

I currently have over 150 products whose weight was already set to 0.00 as I was using the Table to calculate shipping based on price and not on weight.

...ok

As I was configuring the Gift Voucher I read, I must enable Downloads in Admin>>Configuration in order for Gift Voucher not to be charged any shipping charges...

...alright..did that...

but now, because previously all my products had a weight of 0.00 now they are not being charged shipping as well...

I can solve this by manually going into Admin>>Catalog>> etc and setting the weight for each product to 0.01 just so it passes it to shipping and does not see it as a virutal product...

***Now here is where I hope someone can help***

Is there a way for me to change the weight in the database via phpMyAdmin so that I do not have to do it manually for every product?

along the lines of this:

set products_weight =1 where products_model like 'model' or you can do a not like (again, get the syntax) to you can exclude the GIFT_ whatever model #'s

you can get the syntax at mysql.com but basically that is it

something quick and dirty, this will change the weight of all products that are currently set to 0 to 1 which should get you where you want. I am sure you can figure it out from here.

UPDATE `products` SET `products_weight` = '1' WHERE `products_weight` = '0';

something quick and dirty, this will change the weight of all products that are currently set to 0 to 1 which should get you where you want. I am sure you can figure it out from here.

UPDATE `products` SET `products_weight` = '1' WHERE `products_weight` = '0';

Alright! That did the trick! Man that saved me alot of time. Thanks Rodney.

Affected rows: 155 (Query took 0.0030 sec) !!!

Archived