• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

application_top.php on line 285

Madman00

I changed my webhoster, i configured all the required files and restored the database. I'm getting the following error and i can't seem to figure out the solutions. What might be causing the problem. Thanks

warnng: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dermacle/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 285

This looks like it is missing something.

"warnng: main(includes/languages/.php): "

I would think it should have something like english.php

Maybe there is a clue there.

Rik Rasmussen

Everything seems right in application_top.php. Check yours and see, you will find on line 285 the following, and that's what i have. Any ideas what might be causing the problem.

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

This looks like it is missing something.

"warnng: main(includes/languages/.php): "

I would think it should have something like english.php

Maybe there is a clue there.

I reinstalled the database. Everything worked fine.

Everything seems right in application_top.php. Check yours and see, you will find on line 285 the following, and that's what i have. Any ideas what might be causing the problem.

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

sometimes the errors shown dont point to the problem. just have learned what is really going on after looking at lots of installations and troubleshooting is why i pointed u to the database.

This problem has come up before, I've posted elsewhere on it. With me, it was only affecting the Admin section, where a couple of letters of the world "english" would be stripped (so the error would say "engli.php"). I checked the db, checked configuration, everything was fine. The site was running perfectly, then it was not. The only way I could find to fix it was to hardcode the language name.

Note that it only ever affected (so far) the Admin section. The store itself still ran fine.

• 2 months later...

Same problem happened to me: Everything worked fine on my English/Dutch site, until by chance I could use an iMac with French OS and browsers to have a look at my site. This is what I got:

Warning: main(includes.languages/.php failed to open stream: no such file or directory in /xxxxx/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes/usr/share/php') in /xxxxxx/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Checked all language settings in:

1. dutch.php:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'nl_NL.ISO_8859-1');

define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="LTR" lang="nl"');

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

2. english.php:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO_8859-1');

define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="LTR" lang="en"');

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

3. Admin language settings:

nl - /includes/languages/dutch

en - /includes/languages/english

Everything seemed OK, except perhaps that *I hadn't set any default language.*

Still, don't know whether setting a default language resolved the problem, as for the time being, I have no access to a French PC or Mac to check this.

Anyway, it seems odd that the site worked (and still works) fine when viewed with both Dutch and English PC's and not on a French Mac. Puzzeling....

Al

• 5 months later...

Warning: main(includes/languages//osc/catalog/includes/l.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/franc/public_html/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Warning: main(includes/languages//osc/catalog/includes/l.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/franc/public_html/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages//osc/catalog/includes/l.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/franc/public_html/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 285

So, is there a solution? A few minutes ago it worked, then it seazed - without any reason.

I do not see where the double slash comes from : //osc/

I do not see why the l.php Of course, there is no such a file in /includes/ Have someone found a soluiton?

• 11 months later...

Archived