• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing test on index page

dssquirt

I'm new to OS Commerce. I need to update a page on www.gearforhealth.com, however, I am experimenting on a page on my own site, www.gizmocreations.com/practice. Everytime I try to update something on the index page I am getting an error code. I am updating on the following page:

Includes/languages/english/index.php. I get an error on Line 13, I believe. I am just trying to change some of the wording so that I know what I am doing before I go out to gearforhealth and make the necessary changes.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting an error code? All I am doing is changing a word or so just to make sure that I am changing the correct things. And it isn't working! Help! I need to get some changes made to gearforhealth this weekend. And I am afraid to make any changes for fear the whole site will go down. All I need to do this weekend is add a line that there are new changes coming soon to the site.

But I am afraid to do this as everytime I try it on my practice site I lose the whole site. Any suggestions?

look for this " ' "

will parse error

I'm new to OS Commerce.  I need to update a page on www.gearforhealth.com, however, I am experimenting on a page on my own site, www.gizmocreations.com/practice.  Everytime I try to update something on the index page I am getting an error code.  I am updating on the following page:

Includes/languages/english/index.php.  I get an error on Line 13, I believe.  I am just trying to change some of the wording so that I know what I am doing before I go out to gearforhealth and make the necessary changes. 

Can anyone tell me why I am getting an error code?  All I am doing is changing a word or so just to make sure that I am changing the correct things.  And it isn't working!  Help!  I need to get some changes made to gearforhealth this weekend.  And I am afraid to make any changes for fear the whole site will go down.  All I need to do this weekend is add a line that there are new changes coming soon to the site. 

But I am afraid to do this as everytime I try it on my practice site I lose the whole site.  Any suggestions?

I'm confused. What do you mean? I just tried changing things again on my practice site and here's the error I am getting:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/dssquirt/public_html/practice/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 13

All I did was change one word in the text.

Am I changing the wrong file. I did not see any area that had just " ' ". It was single quotes and then text.

Maybe my practice site is screwed up. But I can't understand why just adjusting one word is giving me this error.

Here is what I changed - I added the words in caps - and I am getting the error I cited above.

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This NEW TEXT HERE is a default setup of the osCommerce

Any ideas? Like I said, I hate to try adjusting a live site if I can't figure out how to make this simple change on a practice site.

What I need to do is add a couple lines to the site, www.gearforhealth.com, just a note that the site will soon be expanded.

I was justs trying to experiment on a practice site before I tried with someone's real site.

I'm still having no luck on the practice site. Maybe there is something not configured right on that site.

I have set up a new test page at www.gizmocreations.com/practice2. This has the original oscommerce index page. I think I am making something a lot harder than it needs to be. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to change this page? Thanks.

Archived