• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cDynamic Meta Tags

clarocque

forgive me if anyone asked this but couldnt see same question...

how can i remove/disable the model number (NOT FROM TITLE) as someone asked previous but from the Keywords and description meta tags. my model numbers make no sense to the product so just takes up unwanted valuable characters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to this and have recently installed version 1.5.1 and I can't figure out with it does the following:

In search engine results it lists meta description as: Versa Coverage bij Nissan Warranty Store - Selling....

Where is the "bij" coming from and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

forgive me if anyone asked this but couldnt see same question...

how can i remove/disable the model number (NOT FROM TITLE) as someone asked previous but from the Keywords and description meta tags. my model numbers make no sense to the product so just takes up unwanted valuable characters.

Hi,

I have addressed both issues and some more. Repacked contribution derived from 1.5.1 is available here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2895

V1.5.2 Jammerious (13 Apr 2009)

--------------------------------------------------------

- Removed duplicated entries which still showed up when looking at the manufacturers page

- Fixed the code, so that you can leave the "Store Description" and "Store Index Description" empty in My Store admin settings, ie. if you don't want to use them, they won't display empty lines

- Rearranged some of the code, cleaned up, added some alignments

- Removed all static "bin" and "van" and similar occurences from the script and put them into the language file

- Moved the settings from the language file to the script file

- included "fix for v1.5.1" by "stevenverver"

Let me know if there are any problems.

Hello, I am currently using cdynamic meta tags v1.4. I installed it in 2007 and it seems to be working as it was intended. I am in the process of getting my site listed in DMOZ. I read that to prevent google from using the DMOZ site description in the google search results I had to add this meta tag.

<meta name="robots" content="NOODP">

My question is, how do I add this line of code while keeping the current contribution in working order.

I want to make sure google keeps my current site description the same.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have STS installed & have installed cDynamic Meta Tags 1.5.3 - it all seems to be working fine apart from in my main page.

In index.php - the title tag is showing the text from the first line of my Store Index Description.

In admin, I've got the following set up:

Store Description: The Most Comprehensive Festival Survival Kit on the Net!

Store Index Description: £19.99 - 29 practical Travel Size Essentials in a reusable drawstring rucksack or Build Your Own from our travel size product range.

When I view source, it shows:

<head>

<title>4kits.co.uk - £19.99 - 29 practical Travel Size Essentials in a reusable drawstring rucksack or</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="4kits.co.uk £19.99 - 29 practical Travel Size Essentials in a reusable drawstring rucksack or Build Your Own from our travel size product range. - The Most Comprehensive Festival Survival Kit on the Net!">

The title tag is showing the first part of the description & the description is showing the dsecription again & then the title is attached onto the end of that.

Please help - I'm pulling my hair out

Thanks

Jason

• 1 month later...
Support thread for cDynamic Meta Tags v1.0

hi

i install it and everything was OK but after a while my product_info.php?products_id=15 and all product_info.php pages show 500 Internal Server Error and my host administrator tell me this happening makes problem for server

note : in my server if edit .htaccess and remove # all pages show 500 Internal Server Error

how i can repair this problem?

• 7 months later...

As this is an old thread I am unsure as to whether this is still being supported. And if it is you will probably wish you were not due to the very basic questions I have...lol

It states to replace the

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

on the pages you wish such as index.php and products etc

As a novice (still) I would like to ask which are the files that are going to benefit from this the best. I have done it to the 2 mentioned but are there others I should be looking at?

STEP 5 - Configure basic parameters Set settings which are located in includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

I have looked at this file and to be bluntly honest I dont know what settings would be best, any advice?

Thanx and double thanx for the Newbie help

Ricardo

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

• 4 months later...

How to remove STORE_NAME from <Title>?

I've found best SEO results with a unique Title for each page, so do not want them all to begin with STORE_NAME. With no knowledge of php I've tried editing /includes/meta_tags.php to remove it or at least move to the end (would prefer to remove altogether) but it doesn't seem to be making a change. I even opened a new browser to see if it was just cached.

Can anyone show me how to edit the php for this? Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...