• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cDynamic Meta Tags

clarocque

That looks correct.

Get the latest version I just uploaded and replace the reset_mata_cache file.

If you still have a prollem comment or remove the glob lines:

foreach (glob($meta_cache_files_path."{*.meta-cache}", GLOB_BRACE) as $filename_page) {

unlink($filename_page);

}

Note: THIS WILL NOT RESET CACHE IF YOU USE A FOLDER METHOD (type 2)!

If you are still having a problem you will need to seek custom support to determine what is wrong. I can fix your store from the forum - sorry.

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks correct.

Get the latest version I just uploaded and replace the reset_mata_cache file.

If you still have a prollem comment or remove the glob lines:

foreach (glob($meta_cache_files_path."{*.meta-cache}", GLOB_BRACE) as $filename_page) {

? ? unlink($filename_page);

? ? }

Note: THIS WILL NOT RESET CACHE IF YOU USE A FOLDER METHOD (type 2)!

If you are still having a problem you will? need to seek custom support to determine what is wrong. I can fix your store from the forum - sorry.

Installed the latest version.

Still get error when editing a category.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php:36) in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 30

Is this something you can pin point and then fix to make available for a new release. Is it caused by your contribution?

By the way I am using method 1 to cache it in the database.

Mike

Edited by bugauto

Installed the latest version.

Still get error when editing a category.

Is this something you can pin point and then fix to make available for a new release. Is it caused by your contribution?

By the way I am using method 1 to cache it in the database.

Mike

It is not the contribution it is your either the way you installed it or your most likely your php version not being able to handle glob...

if you are using the DB to cache remove this code from that page"

unlink($filename_page);
   }

It is not the contribution it is your either the way you installed it or your most likely your php version not being able to handle glob...

if you are using the DB to cache remove this code from that page"

? ?unlink($filename_page);
? ?}

What does glob do and how will it affect the contribution if I remove the line of code? What does that line of code do? What will I have to start doing manually if I remove that line of code?

Yes I am using the database to cache. osc advance cache class method 1.

Mike

What does glob do and how will it affect the contribution if I remove the line of code? What does that line of code do? What will I have to start doing manually if I remove that line of code?

Yes I am using the database to cache. osc advance cache class method 1.

Mike

If you are using the Dbase to cache it will not affect you at all.

• 2 weeks later...
your cookies should not have http ior https or www  ...

Hi Chris,

I had the mod installed and working wonderfully, and then I came across this post. I make the changes, and all heck broke loose. My CSS didn't seem to be working, and then clicking on different categories would try to access a url like: http://www.mydomain.com/shop/index.php/cPa...ydomain.com/....

Is this something you've ever run across? I'm using MS 2.2 (upgraded from 2.1), on a shared SSL.

Thanks!

:D

Hi Chris,

I had the mod installed and working wonderfully, and then I came across this post. I make the changes, and all heck broke loose. My CSS didn't seem to be working, and then clicking on different categories would try to access a url like: http://www.mydomain.com/shop/index.php/cPa...ydomain.com/....

Is this something you've ever run across? I'm using MS 2.2 (upgraded from 2.1), on a shared SSL.

Thanks!

What change did you make????

Chris

I will, thanks - it worked GREAT before that! I was so excited, and was worshipping the ground you walk on!! LOL

One thing I'm not sure about though - the cache. My (old) cache is in the TMP folder a level before public_html. Should I point the mod to cache there? I watched, but did not see it caching in the cache folder you provided, and I don't cache in the DB. Sorry for sounding silly - caches are not my strong point!

Thank you thank you thank you :D

Edited by needs_a_nap

Hi,

I installed this contr. works perfect. However, i only got errors on specials.php

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_sort_order' in 'order clause'

select pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and s.status = '1' order by p.products_sort_order ASC 

[TEP STOP]

What is this mean? only happened in specials.php

Thanks

sean

I am uploading v1.3. The only real changes are some optimizing of the queries... basic functions are the same.

(if updating - replace /I/meta_tags.php)

I have not tested on a non modified store and may not have the time for a while, but it should be able to be used with no probs.

I will try to address any new issues as I can - this does not mean things like I want ABC instead of XYZ. That can be done and I will be happy to do but not as part of the public support.

Chris

I am uploading v1.3.  The only real changes are some optimizing of the queries... basic functions are the same.

(if updating - replace /I/meta_tags.php)

I have not tested on a non modified store and may not have the time for a while, but it should be able to be used with no probs.

I will try to address any new issues as I can - this does not mean things like I want ABC instead of XYZ.  That can be done and I will be happy to do but not as part of the public support.

Chris

Upgraded to 1.3 and now I get this error when I try to click on a category.

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_description' in 'field list'

select categories_name, categories_description from categories_description WHERE categories_id ='6'

[TEP STOP]

What seems to be the problem?

Mike

Upgraded to 1.3 and now I get this error when I try to click on a category.

What seems to be the problem?

Mike

I am sorry Mike... that is the problem with posting this late....

find and remove

, categories_description

from the query around line 156 so the query should look like:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE  categories_id ='"  .$current_category_id. "'");

OK I will upload an a version I hope there is nothign else ;)

Chris

I am sorry Mike... that is the problem with posting this late....

find and remove

, categories_description

from the query around line 156 so the query should look like:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " WHERE ?categories_id ='" ?.$current_category_id. "'");

OK I will upload an a version I hope there is nothign else ;)

Chris

Problem fixed,

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Chris,

Got the mod working great again - thanks! You're da bomb!

However, I seem to be one of the rare ones who is still having problems with the cache path when the cache type is set to 2:

Warning: fopen(/usr/home/joblo/public_html/shopcache/_shop_index.php_cPath_21_.meta-cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/joblo/public_html/shop/includes/meta_tags.php on line 385

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/joblo/public_html/shop/includes/meta_tags.php on line 386

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/joblo/public_html/shop/includes/meta_tags.php on line 387

I just installed the latest version as of today.

Thanks! :D

Hi Chris,

Got the mod working great again - thanks! You're da bomb!

However, I seem to be one of the rare ones who is still having problems with the cache path when the cache type is set to 2:

Warning: fopen(/usr/home/joblo/public_html/shopcache/_shop_index.php_cPath_21_.meta-cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/joblo/public_html/shop/includes/meta_tags.php on line 385

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/joblo/public_html/shop/includes/meta_tags.php on line 386

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/home/joblo/public_html/shop/includes/meta_tags.php on line 387

I just installed the latest version as of today.

Thanks! :D

Looks like you changed the folder form cache to shopcache so you will have to make the appropriate changes. Why did you change it from cache?

Also make sure you CHMOD it to 777.

I didn't tho- that's the strange thing:

From shop/includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php:

$meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG.'cache/'; #this should work for most

The permissions are definately 777 on the cache folder.

I added a slash and it works great now!

$meta_cache_files_path = DIR_FS_CATALOG.'/cache/'; #this should work for most

Thankyou thankyou thankyou  :)

lol... I have been up way too long....

DUHH....

Ya for some reason some people do not have the / at the end of the path (DIR_FS_CATALOG)...

But what is sad is I saw it as shopcache never thought of shop/cache = I better not do anything to important tonight...

Glad it is working...

Chris

LOL I can relate - hence my username!

I should have caught that too... saw it and knew it wasn't right, but didn't put 2 + 2 together...

Anyhoo, thanks again for an awesome mod! Now I know who to contact for custom work - you'll have to PM me your rates should I need something in the future

• 2 weeks later...

I see a problem and not sure what to make of it. In your instructions, it says the following:

includes/functions/meta_tags.php should be uploaded to your *catalog*/includes/ directory

If I do this, it will over-right the existing meta_tags.php

Also,

it says "find this code"

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS

What I didn't realize is there was a line underneath it in your html directions. If you don't scroll down, you don't see it.

Either way, I still get a blank screen, it doesn't work for me.

I don't have the cache contrib installed, not sure if I should choose 0 or 2.

I see a problem and not sure what to make of it.  In your instructions, it says the following:

includes/functions/meta_tags.php should be uploaded to your *catalog*/includes/ directory

That is not stock osc for MS2.2. If you have added another contribution you will have to choos which one you want to use.

Also,

it says "find this code"

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS

What I didn't realize is there was a line underneath it in your html directions.  If you don't scroll down, you don't see it.

Either way, I still get a blank screen, it doesn't work for me.

I don't have the cache contrib installed, not sure if I should choose 0 or 2.

Well I am sorry you ahve to scroll....??????????????????

As far as the blank screen well could be anything... even if this contribution was not working if it was installed correctly you should not have blank screen.

Double check your install.

If you do not want to use cache set it to 0

Chris

That is not stock osc for MS2.2. If you have added another contribution you will have to choos which one you want to use.

Well I am sorry you ahve to scroll....??????????????????

As far as the blank screen well could be anything...  even if this contribution was not working if it was installed correctly you should not have blank screen.

Double check your install.

If you do not want to use cache set it to 0

Chris

sorry, didn't mean to seem snippy. Again, look at the following.

includes / functions to be copied into includes only??? (no functions)?