The e-commerce.

cDynamic Meta Tags

clarocque

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I installed this contribution for English on my OSC store. But now when I click on other languages I get this error:

I'm making a store that will have LOTS of different languages. But I only need the dynamic Meta Tags in English if it can't be translated to 15 languages I'm adding. So my question is, is it possible to keep the Dynamic Meta Tags installed in English and still had other languanges without them breaking?

Example: http://www.brokerbinwebservices.com/oscdemo/index.php

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

I installed this contribution for English on my OSC store. But now when I click on other languages I get this error:

I'm making a store that will have LOTS of different languages. But I only need the dynamic Meta Tags in English if it can't be translated to 15 languages I'm adding. So my question is, is it possible to keep the Dynamic Meta Tags installed in English and still had other languanges without them breaking?

Example: http://www.brokerbinwebservices.com/oscdemo/index.php

Thanks again for your help.

Yes... you can do it a couple ways... one is add the same file to all languages... another would be to hard code the path:

in /includes/meta_tags.php line 35 change:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'meta_tags.php');

That will ALWAYS use the ENGLISH file...

Chris

to

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES .'english/' . 'meta_tags.php');

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Thanks for this great contribution.

After installing it, I could not update/edit meta tags with header tag controller module and easy populate module, is there any way to fix it or this contribution supposedly works that way?

Thanks

Thanks for this great contribution.

After installing it, I could not update/edit meta tags with header tag controller module and easy populate module, is there any way to fix it or this contribution supposedly works that way?

Thanks

It is not a matter of fixing... that is the way thisd contribution works. If you want to manually specify the meta tags then this is not the contribution for you.

This contribution is for stores that want accurate dyanmic data to the page. Also is handy for high product stores where entering meta datad for each product is just too time consuming.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I don't know if it is the right place to post... hope so.

I've installed Ultimate cache Manager that works like a charm with ultimate seo & chemo's page cache! :)

Everything seems to work but actually it seems categories & manufacturers boxes are not cached even if I reinstall the files of the core version. How to have those boxes cached?

Maybe my cache settings are wrong, would you mind to have a look at them ?? debug

OSC2.2

Hi Chris,

I don't know if it is the right place to post... hope so.

I've installed Ultimate cache Manager that works like a charm with ultimate seo & chemo's page cache!  :)

Everything seems to work but actually it seems categories & manufacturers boxes are not cached even if I reinstall the files of the core version. How to have those boxes cached?

Maybe my cache settings are wrong, would you mind to have a look at them ?? debug

The cache manager does not control any cache creations. You will have to configure the directory and set it to true in the Admin > Configuration > Cache.

This has nothing to do with page cache, this is a spererate setting too.

Hope this helps.

Chris

The cache manager does not control any cache creations.  You will have to configure the directory and set it to true in the Admin > Configuration > Cache.

This has nothing to do with page cache, this is a spererate setting too.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks Chris !! Yes your post helped me!!! I can now distinguish page cache from cache tool!! :D

Well if you could tell me more... I've checked my cache directory and it's ok and the cache is also turned on... so do you have any idea why my boxes aren't cached?

Hope I don't disturb you... :blush:

OSC2.2

Thanks Chris !! Yes your post helped me!!! I can now distinguish page cache from cache tool!!  :D

Well if you could tell me more... I've checked my cache directory and it's ok and the cache is also turned on... so do you have any idea why my boxes aren't cached?

Hope I don't disturb you...  :blush:

If Cache is set to true,

FTP in to your cache directory and see if it is making cache files... if not then then I would chack and make sure the path is correct and the the cachel folder is R/W.

To test the UCM upload a sample.cache file to the cache folder and you should be able to see it w/ UCM if paths are correct.

If you can get it PM me.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this contribution and it is much better then the meta tag controller because it's all dynamic mostly which is what I wanted.

I noticed though that the first time I go to a product page or any page for that matter, it tends to load very slow. Why does it do that? It did not load that slow before I had this contrib installed.

My second issue is the shop name in the title tag after the product name. I only want the product name and it's model number in the title. How do I get rid of the shop name in the title for the product pages?

Thanks,

Mike

I installed this contribution and it is much better then the meta tag controller because it's all dynamic mostly which is what I wanted.

I noticed though that the first time I go to a product page or any page for that matter, it tends to load very slow. Why does it do that? It did not load that slow before I had this contrib installed.

My second issue is the shop name in the title tag after the product name. I only want the product name and it's model number in the title. How do I get rid of the shop name in the title for the product pages?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

There could be many reasons that it might be slower...

Server

myql

php version etc.

It is running queries to get the dat so there is more work to load a pgae and if you have have alot of products and cats it will take long.

How many do you have?

That is why I built in a cache option to it so there was not the added queries on page load.

Look around line 127 for :

$metatitle.=$title .' '.STORE_NAME;

that is where the store name is loading for the product_info pages.

you can comment that line.

Chris

How many Prods and Cats do you have?

What are your server specs?

Mike, 

There could be many reasons that it might be slower...

Server

myql

php version etc.

It is running queries to get the dat so there is more work to load a pgae and if you have have alot of products and cats it will take long.

How many do you have?

That is why I built in a cache option to it so there was not the added queries on page load.

Look around line 127 for :

that is where the store name is loading for the product_info pages.

you can comment that line.

Chris

How many Prods and Cats do you have?

What are your server specs?

I have 9,750 products for the products pages. Categories about 20 but with sub categories about 75.

I commented the line out and I went to a product page and all it showed in the title was the full URL instead of the actual title of the product.

I just installed the ultimate seo and the advance cache class.

I'm on a server running apache which the php is running as a module. I used to have a url I could go to so I can see all the server specs but that was when I had sunshop installed. There was a phpinfo page I could go to. Know how to get to that page with oscommerce installed?

Mike

I have 9,750 products for the products pages. Categories about 20 but with sub categories about 75.

I commented the line out and I went to a product page and all it showed in the title was the full URL instead of the actual title of the product.

I just installed the ultimate seo and the advance cache class.

I'm on a server running apache which the php is running as a module. I used to have a url I could go to so I can see all the server specs but that was when I had sunshop installed. There was a phpinfo page I could go to. Know how to get to that page with oscommerce installed?

Mike

I am sorry mike you cant comment all of it...

$metatitle.=$title; // .' '.STORE_NAME;

Well to really look in to your speed issue might take some time.

One this you can do is set it up to cache the results.

What pages are seing it run slow on? Any specific pages? index most likely.

Well this might be better if you limit the number of rows it grabs for categories... as thy can't all be displayed any way....

Chris

I am sorry mike you cant comment all of it...

$metatitle.=$title; // .' '.STORE_NAME;

Well to really look in to your speed issue might take some time.

One this you can do is set it up to cache the results.

What pages are seing it run slow on?  Any specific pages? index most likely.

Well this might be better if you limit the number of rows it grabs for categories... as thy can't all be displayed any way....

Chris

Commenting it out that way only gave me this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/includes/meta_tags.php on line 129

I'll find out my server specs and get back to you.

I also wanted to ask you if you know of a good way to redirect all of my old sunshop product url's over to my new oscommerce product url's?

Example:

Old URL

http://www.bugauto.com/volkswagen/index.ph...tion=item&id=12

To New URL

http://www.bugauto.com/volkswagen/product_...?products_id=12

Note: I have to redirect 9750 url's so what would be the most reliable, efficient way to do it? Also with out messing up my search engine rankings.

I was reading up on .htaccess but I don't know how I would do it.

Mike

P.S. My current oscommerce site is at this address for right now http://d384018.u25.acomhosting.com/volkswagen/ and is where it will be hosted once I change the name servers to point to it.

Commenting it out that way only gave me this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/includes/meta_tags.php on line 129

I'll find out my server specs and get back to you.

I also wanted to ask you if you know of a good way to redirect all of my old sunshop product url's over to my new oscommerce product url's?

Example:

Old URL

http://www.bugauto.com/volkswagen/index.ph...tion=item&id=12

To New URL

http://www.bugauto.com/volkswagen/product_...?products_id=12

Note: I have to redirect 9750 url's so what would be the most reliable, efficient way to do it? Also with out messing up my search engine rankings.

I was reading up on .htaccess but I don't know how I would do it.

Mike

P.S. My current oscommerce site is at this address for right now http://d384018.u25.acomhosting.com/volkswagen/ and is where it will be hosted once I change the name servers to point to it.

Mike that is the fix to do what you want.

As far as server info you can get that in Admin >Tools>server Info.... but that is kinda off the public support of this contribution.

As is the URL issue I do have some ideas but should not be discussed in here.

As far as your error -did you edit anythong else on the page?

Reupload the stock page meta_tags.php and make that once change to it

to

$metatitle.=$title;

Chris

Mike that is the fix to do what you want.

As far as server info you can get that in Admin >Tools>server Info.... but that is kinda off the public support of this contribution.

As is the URL issue I do have some ideas but should not be discussed in here.

As far as your error -did you edit anythong else on the page?

Reupload the stock page meta_tags.php and make that once change to it

to

$metatitle.=$title;

Chris

$metatitle.=$title; Did the trick. But on product pages still has the trailing slash (-) after the model number. How do I get rid of that ending slash? There is actually two of them but I know one of them is default in the browser.

Server OS: Linux 2.4.9-e.41smp

Database: MySQL 4.0.23-standard

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 PHP/4.3.8 mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.6b FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP Version: 4.3.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Server API Apache

Any other server details you need to know?

My pages used to load extremely fast compared to how they load now that the cDynamic Meta Tags contribution is installed.

Where can I discuss my other issues with you?

Mike

$metatitle.=$title; Did the trick. But on product pages still has the trailing slash (-) after the model number. How do I get rid of that ending slash? There is actually two of them but I know one of them is default in the browser.

Server OS: Linux 2.4.9-e.41smp

Database: MySQL 4.0.23-standard

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 PHP/4.3.8 mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.6b FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP Version: 4.3.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Server API  Apache

Any other server details you need to know?

My pages used to load extremely fast compared to how they load now that the cDynamic Meta Tags contribution is installed.

Where can I discuss my other issues with you?

Mike

I am sorry but customizing this contribution is not something I can support on the public forum. There are just to many possibilites.

If you have alot of categories I will suggest you cache the results. This will reduce the server work.

Chris

When I go to edit a category in the admin interface I get this following error.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php:36) in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Where is step 5 on user settings. Where is the user settings? I don't get it.

Mike

Make sure you have this in categories (and is after the tep_not_null statement :

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : ''); if (tep_not_null($action)) {

# cDynamic Meta Tags 
 // If the action will affect the cache entries
  if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag|confirm)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_meta_cache.php');

Step 5 of the install instructions:

STEP 5 - Configure basic parameters

Set settings which are located in includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

Make sure you have this in categories (and is after the tep_not_null statement :

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : ''); if (tep_not_null($action)) {

# cDynamic Meta Tags 
?// If the action will affect the cache entries
? if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag|confirm)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_meta_cache.php');

I did what you told me and still get this error when editing a product or a category.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php:36) in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 30

And just to show you how I have the code:

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');
 if (tep_not_null($action)) {
	 # cDynamic Meta Tags 
 if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_meta_cache.php');
 // Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo
 if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');
   switch ($action) {

Edited by bugauto