• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cDynamic Meta Tags

clarocque

I noticed that inactive items are showing up in the meta keywords tag on when displaying all items in a category.

Any idea how can I change the query to only get active items?

For an example:

http://www.ukgoods.com/biscuits-mcvities-c-33_52.html

The meta keywords are showing up as:

<meta NAME="Keywords" Content="mcvities, mcvities favourites biscuit tin, mcvities fruit shortcake, mcvities plain chocolate hobnobs, mcvities victoria biscuit tin, mcvities hobnobs, mcvities rich tea biscuits, mcvities milk">

The McVities Favourites Biscuit Tin and McVities Victoria Biscuit Tin are specialty Christmas items and are inactive.

Thanks,

Donna Gordon

Donna,

Yes you can modify the query by some code to the query...

The query you are talking about is around 170 in the includes/meta_tags.php file.

After the "where" statement add

p.products_status='1' and

If you want to filter the manufacturers you can do the same for that query but use manufactueres status and same for cats if you have that contribution....

Chris

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed cDynamic Meta tags on Overall Beauty . After following all the instructions I opened the main catalog index page and took a look at the soutce all I get is blank tags

<title>Overall Beauty</title>
<META NAME="De scription" Content="">
<META NAME="Keywords" Content="">

It appears that the code is not accessing the database for some reason. Are there any special settings needed to use this contribution.

I also tried the Dynamic Meta Tags contribution and received the same response

Thank you for any assistance

Philip Poxon

I have installed cDynamic Meta tags on Overall Beauty .  After following all the instructions I opened the main catalog index page and took a look at the soutce all I get is blank tags

<title>Overall Beauty</title>
<META NAME="De scription" Content="">
<META NAME="Keywords" Content="">

It appears that the code is not accessing the database for some reason.  Are there any special settings needed  to use this contribution.

I also tried the Dynamic Meta Tags contribution and received the same response

Thank you for any assistance

Philip Poxon

No the only path option is if you use the cache option. For the main index page you can specify the meta data in the languages file.

Looks like it is working fine (http://overallbeauty.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/28 | http://overallbeauty.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/23)

You do have some configuration settings that might be off as the SID is staying in the URL, but that should not affect this contribution.

Donna,

Yes you can modify the query by some code to the query...

The query you are talking about is around 170 in the includes/meta_tags.php file.

After the "where" statement add

p.products_status='1' and

If you want to filter the manufacturers you can do the same for that query but use manufactueres status and same for cats if you have that contribution....

Chris

I made the change, reset the meta change and my seo cache and it is still bringing up the inactive items.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Donna

I made the change, reset the meta change and my seo cache and it is still bringing up the inactive items.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Donna

Did you reset the meta cache? Has nothing to do with SEO?

That should work unless we are talking about different pages... you cab add that to any query that is getting produccts... might have to add/remove p.

Chris

Did you reset the meta cache?  Has nothing to do with SEO?

That should work unless we are talking about different pages... you cab add that to any query that is getting produccts... might have to add/remove p.

Chris

I ran https://www.ukgoods.com/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php from the browser.

Here is the product query (from around line 170):

$products_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_id, pc.products_id, pd.products_name, pc.categories_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " .  TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " pc WHERE p.products_status='1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pc.products_id = p.products_id and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and   pc.categories_id = '".$current_category_id."' ORDER BY rand()");

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Donna

No the only path option is if you use the cache option.  For the main index page you can specify the meta data in the languages file.

Looks like it is working fine (http://overallbeauty.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/28 http://overallbeauty.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/23)

You do have some configuration settings that might be off as the SID is staying in the URL, but that should not affect this contribution.

Hello, I have the same problem as clarocque was having. saw that he was having now some description and keywords on the main index page. inserted as test some description and a few keywords but nevertheless nothing appears. i do have description and keywords on category or products level. what do i have to change. i'am using the Advanced Cache Class of Chemo's.

Thks in Advance,

Chayenne

Hello, I have the same problem as clarocque was having. saw that he was having now some description and keywords on the main index page. inserted as test some description and a few keywords but nevertheless nothing appears. i do have description and keywords on category or products level. what do i have to change. i'am using the Advanced Cache Class of Chemo's.

Thks in Advance,

Chayenne

For those of you not getting any description on the default page... I just tested again and it seems to be working fine....

You have to make sure you set the languages/english/meta_tags.php index file.

If you have please post that page so I can see how you entered it - alos turn cache off at this point to help trouble shoot your issue.

Chris

I installed with STS-2.01, it seems doesn't work,

any solutions avalible now?

Thanks

sean

Sorry I have never even looked at STS, it does work with BTS... I would need more detail to help you .

Hi

I installed this Contrib, and nothing else.

For some reason I get this error if I try to add a new Product Category in Admin though:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: glob() in /home/httpd/vhosts/brokerbinwebservices.com/httpdocs/projects/alfacommunications/html/products/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Any idea what might be wrong?

Edited by mltgroup

Hi

I installed this Contrib, and nothing else.

For some reason I get this error if I try to add a new Product Category in Admin though:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: glob() in /home/httpd/vhosts/brokerbinwebservices.com/httpdocs/projects/alfacommunications/html/products/admin/includes/reset_meta_cache.php on line 36

Any idea what might be wrong?

What version of PHP are you running?

And what is your server info?

It's a Linux server

Using PHP 4.2.2

I beleive Glob is not available until 4.3.0.

a quick fix would be you use Chemo's Cache Class or dont cache the results and comment out:

// foreach (glob($meta_cache_files_path."{*.meta-cache}", GLOB_BRACE) as $filename_page) {
   //unlink($filename_page);
  // }

The correct answer to me would be have your host update PHP - that is really old.

For the main index page you can specify the meta data in the languages file.

I'm having the same problem with the main index.php page showing a blank "keywords" and "description" (it works in product_info.php just fine).

Would you please clarify what you meant by specifying the meta data in the languages file? (which language file?)

I tried adding my keywords directly to the includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php ***OUTPUT THE DATA ***

echo '  <META NAME="Keywords" Content="' gift baskets, gourmet'">' . "\n";

but got the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/giftbask/public_html/includes/meta_tags.php on line 309

I will remove the one I edited and upload the original file again so you can have a look see. (Sorry, am a newbie!)

Thanks

Kaitlyn

P.S. using cDynamic_Meta_Tags_v1.0c and osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003 clean install), with Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.0b contribution.

I'm having the same problem with the main index.php page showing a blank "keywords" and "description" (it works in product_info.php just fine).

Would you please clarify what you meant by specifying the meta data in the languages file? (which language file?)

I tried adding my keywords directly to the includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php ***OUTPUT THE DATA ***

echo '  <META NAME="Keywords" Content="' gift baskets, gourmet'">' . "\n";

but got the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/giftbask/public_html/includes/meta_tags.php on line 309

I will remove the one I edited and upload the original file again so you can have a look see. (Sorry, am a newbie!)

Thanks

Kaitlyn

P.S. using cDynamic_Meta_Tags_v1.0c and osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (12th July 2003 clean install), with Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.0b contribution.

To add meta data to index.php go to /includes/lanaguages/english/meta_tags.php

Edit the fileds that look like:

// Additional Text for ALL pages
// Additional Title
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL',''); // will add to all if not truncated
// Additional Description Text
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL',''); // will add to all if not truncated
// Additional Keywords
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL',''); // will add to all if not truncated

// Additional Title Text for index page (if no category or manufacturer info)
// Additional Title
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX',''); // will add to index.php if not truncated and 
// Additional Description Text
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_INDEX',''); // will add to index.php if not truncated
// Additional Keywords
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_INDEX',''); // will add to index.php if not truncated

Enter the meta datd you want between the ' and ' for example:

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX','This will add to the index.php title'); // will add to index.php if not truncated and

If I can find the time I wil lmake some changes to the files to make this clearer...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<!-- BOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

<title>osCommerce : </title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?">

<META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="[email protected]">

<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

I have no idea where this is coming from. I have this on my links page at

http://www.overallbeauty.com/catalog/links.php

There is nothing on there about any of this. Why would there be about DVD's? I fixed it in dreamweaver when I saw I didn't have a title for it and here in the generated meta tags is osCommerce and I had put a title in there for 'links I love to share"..When I saw before osCommerce in the boswer. So I really have two problems going on here.. :huh:

OPPS my problem isn't the same but this is the first time I have bought it here..

Edited by dragongirl

"Wasn't me..I was dead at the time"~~~~ Dress To Kill

Hi there,

I just installed the latest version, and edited the necessary files, and it all seems to be working. However, i dont see any item specific tags when viewing them on product_info.php

These are the default tags i set:

# For all pages using meta_tags:
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','OsCommerce Test Store Tages'); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','This is a test all meta tag'); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','test, oscom,'); # Keywords

# For default index page (no products or categories)
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX','Index of OsCommerce test tag store'); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_INDEX','Index Oscom'); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_INDEX','oscom, test,'); # Keywords

I've got it set as no caching, dont display model and do display manu.

Any ideas on why i dont see prob specific tags?

The sites' installed locally atm, but i'm guna be uploadin the latest version pretty soon, so i'll give u a link then.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

<!-- BOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

<title>osCommerce : </title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?">

<META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="[email protected]">

<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

I have no idea where this is coming from. I have this on my links page at

http://www.overallbeauty.com/catalog/links.php

There is nothing on there about any of this. Why would there be about DVD's? I fixed it in dreamweaver when I saw I didn't have a title for it and here in the generated meta tags is osCommerce and I had put a title in there for 'links I love to share"..When I saw before osCommerce in the boswer. So I really have two problems going on here.. :huh:

OPPS my problem isn't the same but this is the first time I have bought it here..

Sorry, But the Links is not part of stcok osCommerce so I am not sure what code you have to create the page.

Without knowing what code is creating the page I can not help you much sorry...

Chris

the latest version: only the meta_tags.php files are changed right?!

well if i overwrite them its no longer working....

havent found the time yet to check the changes. caching is off for me.

Yes, upload all the new files, reset cache(if using) and you should be set. There are no changes to existing modifications.

Make sure you upload the new files and if you are still having issue post what you get for results.

Chris

Edited by clarocque

Hi there,

I just installed the latest version, and edited the necessary files, and it all seems to be working. However, i dont see any item specific tags when viewing them on product_info.php

These are the default tags i set:

# For all pages using meta_tags:
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','OsCommerce Test Store Tages'); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','This is a test all meta tag'); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','test, oscom,'); # Keywords

# For default index page (no products or categories)
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_INDEX','Index of OsCommerce test tag store'); # Title
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_INDEX','Index Oscom'); # Description
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_INDEX','oscom, test,'); # Keywords

I've got it set as no caching, dont display model and do display manu.

Any ideas on why i dont see prob specific tags?

The sites' installed locally atm, but i'm guna be uploadin the latest version pretty soon, so i'll give u a link then.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

I am truly sorry all - looks like I packaged and uploaded the wrong one....

I will post new upload....