• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with getting thumbs with my ultrapics

Hi,

I have ultrapics working well on my MS2. However I have a lot of images, all resized and slow loading. I need thumbs on the fly - can anyone suggest something simple that will work? Need to keep aspect ratio as well, my resizing does that as I have the auto calculation on.

Also I don't know if I have GD Library but my php says this:

Configure Command './configure' 'i386-redhat-linux' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--disable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db3' '--with-curl' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-mm' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-debugger' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--without-oci8' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--disable-force-cgi-redirect'

Cheers, Greg.

The easiest way to see if you have GD installed is to go to tools server info in your admin and see if it is listed.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Look for this :

gd

GD Support  enabled

GD Version  bundled (2.0.17 compatible)

FreeType Support  enabled

FreeType Linkage  with freetype

T1Lib Support  enabled

GIF Read Support  enabled

GIF Create Support  enabled

JPG Support  enabled

PNG Support  enabled

WBMP Support  enabled

XBM Support  enabled

JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support  enabled

If it is installed the search the contribs for on the fly thumbnails for a contrib that suits you

Kind Regards

Dave

Thanks for help so far guys. In my admin section I have this:

Server Information

Server Host: oxygen.webfusion.co.uk (212.???.???.??) Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)

Server OS: Linux 2.4.20-28.8HEsmp Database: MySQL 3.23.58

Server Date: 02/05/2005 10:07:40 Datebase Date: 02/05/2005 10:07:40

Server Up Time: 10:07am up 9 days, 12:29, 0 users, load average: 0.66, 0.91, 1.01

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) Chili!Soft-ASP/3.6.2 mod_ssl/2.8.14 OpenSSL/0.9.6b PHP/4.1.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510

PHP Version: 4.1.2 (Zend: 1.1.1)

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Which doesn't seem to say anything about GD. However in my /phpinfo.php I have this listed:

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version 1.6.2 or higher

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

Which suggests I have GD 1.6.2 right? I tried OTF Images and got this:

Fatal error: imagecreatetruecolor(): requires GD 2.0 or later in /home/greg123/public_html/thumb.php on line 50

Ideally I would like watermarking as well as on the fly thumbs of two sizes (I have ultrapics with the medium size images as well as small). However at present I'm concerned I don't seem to be able to get even thumbs working.

Any suggestions for a mod I can use on my system? They are upgrading to PHP 4.3 later this month but I could use something now as my images are going to increase in number shortly.

Thanks, Greg. :'(

The easiest way to see if you have GD installed is to go to tools server info in your admin and see if it is listed.

Archived