• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image Upload Problems

CleanKa

Please help :blush:

I have been adding products to categories quite happily when all of a sudden it all went wrong!

I tried to upload an image, but it didn't upload and the file reference in the database was set to:

"C:\Documents and Settings\My Do..."

rather than the filename which understandably means that the image won't load.

Also I get the message telling me that the image has uploaded when in fact it hasn't.

I have more pics installed although don't think this is the reason for the problems.

Any help will be great, I'm loosing hair over this. :(

Thanks

Dave :thumbsup:

Please help  :blush:

I have been adding products to categories quite happily when all of a sudden it all went wrong!

I tried to upload an image, but it didn't upload and the file reference in the database was set to:

"C:\Documents and Settings\My Do..."

rather than the filename which understandably means that the image won't load.

Also I get the message telling me that the image has uploaded when in fact it hasn't.

I have more pics installed although don't think this is the reason for the problems.

Any help will be great, I'm loosing hair over this.  :(

Thanks

Dave  :thumbsup:

Is it just the one image with a problem - or all others since the first one went wrong ?

If it is just one - then it may be a corrupt image on your hard drive - not uploading correctly - if it is all since the first then please tell us how you are doing your upload process - the problem may be there

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Is it just the one image with a problem - or all others since the first one went wrong ?

If it is just one - then it may be a corrupt image on your hard drive - not uploading correctly - if it is all since the first then please tell us how you are doing your upload process - the problem may be there

All of them since it first happened.

I upload through the admin section. Create a new product and then browse for my image files before clicking Preview. Image is already pointing at the wrong location by this point. If I click update it does not rectify.

Trying to update after saving does not fix it either.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Please please please will someone help or point me in the right direction.

This problem happened all of a sudden without warning, I hadn't made any changes at all. I need help. Please, please please.

I'm using PHP version 4.3.11-dev and osCommerce 2.2-ms2.

CleanKa

Seen as nobody can help with this bug I've hacked a little code into the parse function of upload.php.

$shortName = explode('\\',$file['name']);
 $shortName = array_reverse($shortName);
 $file['name'] = $shortName[0];

It seems to work.

If anyone can offer more definative advise regarding this problem please contact me.

Dave

Archived