• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register_globals problems

tucker_adelaide

Hi all,

I am new to the use of OsCommerce, I have the page setup on a linux machine and I couldn't get register_globals = On in the php.ini to work for some reason unknown to me. I edited it and I got the same errors.

I have got the patch and that didn't do me much justice. In the Admin module reported

"Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /samba/www/opal.bakershome.com/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31"

and the cataloge reported

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_session_save_path() in /samba/www/opal.bakershome.com/includes/application_top.php on line 146"

Is there any chance anyone has these files already patched so I can just copy over them onto the server. Doing it the way its done now is far to succeptable to errors.

Cheers in advanced.

gizmo.gif

Adelaide, Australia

HAHA im not THAT new to computers :P I did do that,, and nothing was effected at all. All I realy want is the files that have allready been editied. That way it will eliminate the flaws I have introduced in regards to adding the code by hand.

Aka... somsone who has editited the files and has got them to allready work. I get PHP errors when I tried editing them. http://opal.bakershome.com/

gizmo.gif

Adelaide, Australia

I used the patch and just copied them over to my server /catalog/ over the top of the orginal files and it worked just fine... I was also unable to get the php.ini to work after setting the value to On did not make a difference.

Using Linux Fedora Core 3....

cheers...

Ok,

Mine is still not working. I grabed the files from Fxdsuperglide and copied them over my files and I am getting similar errors.

The admin errors are as follows still:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /samba/www/opal.bakershome.com/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

The catalog errors are slightly different:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_session_recreate() (previously declared in /samba/www/opal.bakershome.com/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:178) in /samba/www/opal.bakershome.com/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 239

Some of the system details are as follows:

- PHP version 5.0.3 (needed for another website using XML)

- Linux linux 2.2.25-3-secure #1 Wed Oct 29 05:18:32 CST 2003 i586

gizmo.gif

Adelaide, Australia

HEHE ok, i found the problem with my PHP.ini file. I have fixed it so some of it now works. But i still have a smalish problem. The cataloge section actualy works fine. But the Admin stuf still has the same error, can't reasign $this. As far as I know thats a PHP word.

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /samba/www/opal.bakershome.com/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

Any ideas? I am using the code downloaded straight from the site, no changes done.

gizmo.gif

Adelaide, Australia

Archived