• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured product contribution

scottburd

Hello,

I am trying to see how you can add more products in the featured product contribution. Right now the featured products contribution pops up 6 products at a time. I would like to have 3 more products (3 rows of 3). How can I do this please?

• 1 month later...

OK I found it :)

Now I've got to figure out how to change it :/

It's in the update to the sql database, featured_products_english.sql file.

create table featured (
 featured_id int(11) not null auto_increment,
 products_id int(11) default '0' not null ,
 featured_date_added datetime ,
 featured_last_modified datetime ,
 expires_date datetime ,
 date_status_change datetime ,
 status int(1) default '1' ,
 PRIMARY KEY (featured_id)
);

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) values ('39','Featured', 'Featured Products Display', '339', '1'
);

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added) values ('Display Featured Products', 'FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY', 'true', 'Set to true or false in order to display featured.', '39', '1', now(), now()
);

INSERT into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added) values ('Maximum Display of Featured', 'MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS', '6', 'This is the maximum amount of items to display on the front page.', '39', '2', now(), now()
);

So my question now is how do I change that 6 to a 9 in a database that has that value? I've got phpmyadmin, but a really simple step by step explanation would be much appreciated. I'll be backing up before touching this.

I should add I've poked around in the databse looking for that "6" but can't find it, or anything that refers to a 'MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS' value.

Thanks in advance.

It is in the table called configuration and therefore should bein your admin panel under mystore and configuration, change the value via the admin

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

The problem I am having with featured products is that only thr first product displays the product name, the rest just display the image and price.

Has anyone else come across this.

If anyone would like to look at the code then please let me know which file you would like either the functions/featured.php or catalog/featured.php

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!