• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

this could have been a big waste of time

rommany

unreal, just spent 2 weeks setting up a website just to be told to that lycos doesnt use ssl so no direct creditcard payment for my site, i was told i can use paypal but that could put people off using my site i think??............ has anyone got any idea apart from starting again with a new host what i could do, and has anyone else have this problem ?? ?? :(

Thxs

unreal, just spent 2 weeks setting up a website just to be told to that lycos doesnt use ssl so no direct creditcard payment for my site, i was told i can use paypal but that could put people off using my site i think??............ has anyone got any idea apart from starting again with a new host what i could do, and has anyone else have this problem ?? ?? :(

Thxs

It shouldn't. I get about 50% of my customers using Paypal as their method of payment. I prefer accepting Paypal myself. Less hassle, and less fees than a CC processing company, or having your own merchant account.

But I certainly wouldn't even think about not accepting CC as a method of payment.

Get a good host, or go co-loc with your own server. It's the cost of doing business.

I work for Lycos' Webhosting. I coulda told you that ;-)

We are in the process of setting up SSL certificates on our servers, which is tough to do, because we'll have to give users static IPs, which we don't do as of now.

So it's in the works, and will be available sometime soon (I hope).

Sorry about your situation, I know how much it sucks to have spend time on a hosting company, and then not have it work at all.

I'm curious, how'd you get OsC installed on a Lycos server anyway? PHP and MySQL don't run on our servers.

http://www.moviesnobs.net - reel reviews, real viewers

Moving your store to a new host is really very simple - export the database, download the files, upload the files to the new host, restore the database, update your configure.php as necessary. That's the short version. I wrote a knowledgebase article about how to do that at some point, not sure if it's up or not.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Archived