• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

absolute paths in app_top.php for shopping cart

sven4077

My other post is now one or two pages back, and no one likes it when old posts are brought back...

Anyways, I found the shopping cart add-in thing. The page I want the shopping cart on is not in the same folder as oscommerce, so I ended up changing all the require paths in application_top.php to be absolute. I know thats not really wise, but I dont know what else to do. My next problem is getting the shopping cart to actually work, lol. If I add something to my cart, and then check the cart on the page I made, it doesnt show up. It says 0 things are in the basket, and the price is $0. I'm confused with this. Any help is appreciated.

If you have changed the default currency in your osCommerce 'admin' section then you also need to change it in includes/languages/yourlanguage.php

By default it is set to 'USD' and this needs to be changed to the three letter symbol for your default currency e.g. GBP for UK Pounds, EUR for Euro.

Vger

I just put the page I'm working on in the oscommerce main folder, and the shopping cart works. Thats all fine and dandy, but how do I get it to work in the root folder?!? Is there like a session variable I have to declare that says the folder above it is allowed to access it or something (I realize what I just said is stupid, but I've been stuck on this single thing for a few days now)? Again, thanks for any help.

It wont let me edit my post :(

EDIT: I probably should have said that I have the store set up as subdomain, and the configure.php has it set as the subdomain, not /oscommerce. Oops. It doesnt work when I access the page through /oscommerce/test.php, but it does work with subdomain.domain.com/test.php. It means something. I dont know what, but it means something. lol.

I was refering to your comment that your prices are showing up as zero. The most frequent cause of this happening is changing your default currency in the 'admin' panel, but not changing it from 'USD' in includes/languages/yourlanguage.php

Sorry if I confused you.

Vger

??

Wrong topic?  If not I dont have a clue what your talking about.

Archived