• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emails not being sent

christianmusicman

Ok, so I've searched for hours / days trying figure this out (or find a post on this board that tells how to fix this) but when i first install the board, it emails people the correct information and I get an email notification that somebody has purchased something. But, as soon as I change the values from <root@localhost> and "Harald Ponce de Leon" all the emails stop. I'm having a hard time telling my clients that they will just have to check the orders page everyday to see if an order has been made. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

"Yesssss!"

-Napoleon Dynamite

Ok, so I've searched for hours / days trying figure this out (or find a post on this board that tells how to fix this) but when i first install the board, it emails people the correct information and I get an email notification that somebody has purchased something.  But, as soon as I change the values from <root@localhost> and "Harald Ponce de Leon" all the emails stop.  I'm having a hard time telling my clients that they will just have to check the orders page everyday to see if an order has been made.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, so I've searched for hours / days trying figure this out (or find a post on this board that tells how to fix this) but when i first install the board, it emails people the correct information and I get an email notification that somebody has purchased something.  But, as soon as I change the values from <root@localhost> and "Harald Ponce de Leon" all the emails stop.  I'm having a hard time telling my clients that they will just have to check the orders page everyday to see if an order has been made.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Oooppps. Hit the wrong button.

As you can see I am new to this. However, I am experiencing a similar problem with email notifications.

I do not get email when an order is placed.

The purchaser does get an email notification.

I have my email account set up in my store - email address. is this the only place to set up the email address. Is there somewhere else for orders ?

If you choose the Contact Us option, I receive emails, OK.

If anyone could help, it would be great. Many thanks

• 7 months later...
Oooppps. Hit the wrong button.

As you can see I am new to this. However, I am experiencing a similar problem with email notifications.

I do not get email when an order is placed.

The purchaser does get an email notification.

I have my email account set up in my store - email address. is this the only place to set up the email address. Is there somewhere else for orders ?

If you choose the Contact Us option, I receive emails, OK.

If anyone could help, it would be great. Many thanks

I, along with many other people, seem to be having the same problem with notifications not being sent to the store owner. Is there any rhyme or reason to it? Is there a fix or is it something we have to accept?

Sarah

Archived