• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to configure website to run index.php

mJULESY

Hi there,

i have installed my catalog into the www.mywebsite.co.uk/catalog/ directory, how do it get my website to run the index.php that is in that directory as at the moment it is not doing so. I cant see anywhere in my website control panel to configure which file to run from start up.

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Hi,

Your domain does not have an IP address, so the name servers that are setup, whilst I can ping to both of them, possibly do not point to the correct IP address, or your site is (just) new, and the website hasn't propogated yet.

Peter

Hi,

Your domain does not have an IP address, so the name servers that are setup, whilst I can ping to both of them, possibly do not point to the correct IP address, or your site is (just) new, and the website hasn't propogated yet.

Peter

Arhh sorry maybe i am confusing you that is not my URL but was an example..

mine is www.yourwirelessworld.co.uk

sorry

Hi.

Thanks peter, do you mean that i have to reinstall but not to the catalog directory and have all of the directories and php files in the root.

thanks again

Whatever is easiest for you, either:

1. Delete the entire /catalog path and all path/s and files below, then reinstall in the web root path.

2. Delete the entire /catalog path and all path/s and files below, then upload all files from local (your computer) to the web root path, then modify your 2 /includes/configure.php files appropriately.

Peter

Hi.

Whatever is easiest for you, either:

1. Delete the entire /catalog path and all path/s and files below, then reinstall in the web root path.

2. Delete the entire /catalog path and all path/s and files below, then upload all files from local (your computer) to the web root path, then modify your 2 /includes/configure.php files appropriately.

Peter

Thanks Peterr, will give it a go!

cheers

or just use your webserver control panel to point to /catalog/ directory instead. This is not in OSC admin but you should be able to do this through yout hosting supplier.

Much easier than re-installing and moving all files.

:-)

It's not necessary to 'reinstall' as such. All that needs doing is to download all of the files in the 'catalog' folder, upload them to the root of the domain, and then amend the two configure.php files. Once satisfied that all is working okay then delete the 'catalog' folder.

Yes, it is possible to redirect people to the catalog folder when they come to your domain, but at some level this behaviour (the redirect), even if accomplished via a permanent redirect using .htaccess, will result in search engines marking your site down a few notches in the listings. Better by far to relocate the site to the root directory.

Vger

Archived