• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oh My God I Cant Find This File

linder60

Hi, I've changed some things on the site, did my privacy deal, got the store live, tinkering with it some more. I'm trying to deal with the browser text to get rid of the osCommerce in the upper left corner.

Found this in the knowledge base.......

The top left of the browser window shows the name osCommerce. This can be altered to your site's name in catalog/includes/languages/english.php on approximately line 48.

// page title define('TITLE', 'osCommerce');

However in my cPanel I cant find the freaking file for catalog. where the heck is it ?? I'm so confused, I go to file manager in cPanel, go to my public_html/shoppingcart/includes blah blah blah, where the heck is the catalog folder ????? Any help would be awesome. Thanks Linda

Hi, I've changed some things on the site, did my privacy deal, got the store live, tinkering with it some more. I'm trying to deal with the browser text to get rid of the osCommerce in the upper left corner.

Found this in the knowledge base.......

The top left of the browser window shows the name osCommerce. This can be altered to your site's name in catalog/includes/languages/english.php on approximately line 48.

// page title define('TITLE', 'osCommerce');

However in my cPanel I cant find the freaking file for catalog. where the heck is it ?? I'm so confused, I go to file manager in cPanel, go to my public_html/shoppingcart/includes blah blah blah, where the heck is the catalog folder ????? Any help would be awesome. Thanks Linda

dont use file manager in cpanel...this will cause you many problems going forward. get yourself a good text editor or use notepad and upload it via FTP

Thanks, I have an FTP loaded in too, but I still cant find the folder with catalog ??

I understand how you feel. It took me forever to figure out that whenever anyone says go to catalog/this/that.....if you're using C-Panel....that means go to PUBLIC_HTML/this/that and make adjustments accordingly. Hope that helps!

Andrea

some folks install to a catalog directory, some don't. I didn't. So, rather than having a catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php, I have a /includes/languages/english/index.php .

Does that help?

-jared

some folks install to a catalog directory, some don't.  I didn't.  So, rather than having a catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php, I have a /includes/languages/english/index.php .

Does that help?

-jared

Thanks all, let me ck there. I didnt look there because I was looking for darn catalog ! DUH !

Archived