• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation help on Win 2000

Roverlink

I will appreciate a detailed help from you guys.

I downloaded the shop to my desktop running windows 2000.

Server = apache 1.2.x

doc_root = c\:php

I have the catalog folder/directory same place php is installed.

when I type http://localhost/catalog in the browser, all the files in catalog are displayed as links with dates etc.

http://localhost/catalog/install will show me the files in the catalog in folder format with time and date , etc.

No real page is displayed.

What do I need to do to get the pages to display and then to configure the shop?

Thanks y'all.

If all you are seeing is files and folders then either your catalog folder is in the wrong place (don't think this is the case though) or else your local server is not set up correctly. You need Apache, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin installed to run osCommerce locally.

I'd suggest, if you haven't done so already, installing an all-in-one package like XAMPP (easy to install, and contains all you need). XAMPP does use php5, and so it will require that you edit line 31 of admin/includes/classes/upload.php so that $this reads //$this If you don't do that then the osCommerce 'admin' control panel won't load up post-install.

Vger

Vger

If all you are seeing is files and folders then either your catalog folder is in the wrong place (don't think this is the case though) or else your local server is not set up correctly.  You need Apache, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin installed to run osCommerce locally.

I'd suggest, if you haven't done so already, installing an all-in-one package like XAMPP (easy to install, and contains all you need).  XAMPP does use php5, and so it will require that you edit line 31 of admin/includes/classes/upload.php so that $this reads //$this  If you don't do that then the osCommerce 'admin' control panel won't load up post-install.

Vger

Vger

If all you are seeing is files and folders then either your catalog folder is in the wrong place (don't think this is the case though) or else your local server is not set up correctly.  You need Apache, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin installed to run osCommerce locally.

I'd suggest, if you haven't done so already, installing an all-in-one package like XAMPP (easy to install, and contains all you need).  XAMPP does use php5, and so it will require that you edit line 31 of admin/includes/classes/upload.php so that $this reads //$this  If you don't do that then the osCommerce 'admin' control panel won't load up post-install.

Vger

Vger

Vger,

I have php5 installed and tested, I run apache, I also run myphpadmin and mysql. They all work fine. Getting thru this initial "install" is just getting a little tough.

If you have more ideas, I am all ears.

Archived