• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Add Product

empo

not a sniff of luck, I think its down to my paths in my configure.php files.

the other demo site listed in the forum does seem to upload the pictures and you can preview them too...

sorry about your probs - hope you sort it!

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I tried my luck installing this contributution but it doesnot work even after following all installation steps.

Now the problem is on product add page there is all fields visible but not button to submit the form.

Secondly on last tab (about) of same product add page im getting this error.

//////////////////////////////////////////

1146 - Table 'maurizon_osc1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order

[TEP STOP]

Please Help me its urgent

By the way...

Has anyone here successfully added a product using this feature with Firefox?

I've just realised I can't add any products to my site using Firefox.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

By the way...

Has anyone here successfully added a product using this feature with Firefox?

I've just realised I can't add any products to my site using Firefox.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions?

i can't seem to get anything from the modified files you gave me... damn!

i guess i have to use the original one and start from scratch to see where the image upload error is generated

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

have done those stages and it all works happily but when i submit my new product by previwing it just takes me back to the index page and nothing is added

Hey Carl,

I get the same problem. When I press the Preview button it takes me back to the index page. There is no Submit button either. Has anyone got around this? Or did we miss something?

Seso

Do I have to have SSL on in order to use the Customer Add Product contribution? I think this maybe why I'm redirected to the index.php and never see the product previewed or added.

Seso

What's the latest with this contribution?

Has anyone got a demo version that we can log in and actually check, to get a feel of where the image upload is going wrong?

Or does anyone have a full working version where we can see it in action?

CHOOCH

Hey Carl,

I get the same problem. When I press the Preview button it takes me back to the index page. There is no Submit button either. Has anyone got around this? Or did we miss something?

Seso

...Me too - it keeps going back to the index.php page when the preview button is pressed.

I only just got round to installing this contribution as I will experiment with this to see how it works in a project of mine BUT this is the stumbling block as the moment.

I've read the forum an nothing gives a fix. Any pointers please?

CHOOCH

Hi can any one help me!!!

I installed the contribution, but something is not working for me.

When i add a product the image has a wrong size (100pxX75px). i like to have the images in the size that they are when they are uploadet.

Also i can't put html code in the product description, in the customer add products.

Please help me.

Best regards

CPIDK :'(

i have the same problem i can't put html code in the product description, in the customer add products.

please help me.

i have the same problem i can't put html code in the product description, in the customer add products.

please help me.

did you alter anything to get pics to upload?

CHOOCH

Hi all i`m back :) have some free time

@chooch: Describe please all you problems with this hack

@all: For demo and dev progress i will recreate procreate.info

Hi all i`m back :) have some free time

@chooch: Describe please all you problems with this hack

@all: For demo and dev progress i will recreate procreate.info

thanks for the reply empo... nobody seems to care on this thread :-(

I have loaded the contribution with no errors but when i press the browse button to upload a picture it just takes me back to the index page and i lose the text on the item description and have to start all over again, only to upload the pic again and be returned to the index page again and the circle goes on....

can you please advise?

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

@chooch: i created demo shop for this component

so can you try test it and infrom me if same problem came...

for details of demo shop and suggest improvement use this link

http://www.procreator.org

Just tried it and got the same problem, entered all the details etc, pressed preview and got returned to the index page

Just tried it and got the same problem, entered all the details etc, pressed preview and got returned to the index page

ditto!

@chooch: i created demo shop for this component

so can you try test it and infrom me if same problem came...

for details of demo shop and suggest improvement use this link

http://www.procreator.org

ok.. it works fine on your demo site... the image uploaded straight away and I wasn't returned to index page...

I will download your updated version, it would have been nice just to have the code and php file for the fix too :-)

many thanks empo (o great one!)... I will update the forum when I test out the updated version in an hour or so...

CHOOCH