• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Add Product

empo

when I installed on a highly modified store I too had the login pop-up when customer added products but on a fresh install it didn't happen...

ok here is the dummie again. What i did is this. I fisrst set up a testshop with the dutch language. Everything worked fine, i did it again and it worked fine again. Then i put it on my webshop. In fact it is working except the edit page of the customer.

What do you mean by a fresh install? a new install? And when i do that is there a possibility to set back the allready placed products (900)

I hope i can fix the problem with some help. To re enter al the products is a very big job.

:-" I started again with a fresh install. Again like before everything works perfectly

except for the image upload. Just keeps saying "IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST"

In the fresh instal i was able to change the image path ( when right click properties )

from

www.mycreativeworld.com/shopping/images/Object

To

www.mycreativeworld.com/shopping/images

Thats a little bit more like empos. But still no images

I have the "thumb" folder with permission 777 in www.mycreativeworld.com/shopping/images/thumb

Any Ideas ?

:-" I started again with a fresh install. Again like before everything works perfectly

except for the image upload. Just keeps saying "IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST"

In the fresh instal i was able to change the image path ( when right click properties )

from

www.mycreativeworld.com/shopping/images/Object

To

www.mycreativeworld.com/shopping/images

Thats a little bit more like empos. But still no images

I have the "thumb" folder with permission 777 in www.mycreativeworld.com/shopping/images/thumb

Any Ideas ?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to do product report tracking for the products purchased by a customer? The Manage Products section under the My Account has no info about the number of products sold and their total sales?

Seso

class upload {
var $file, $filename, $destination, $permissions, $extensions, $tmp_filename, $message_location;

function upload($file = '', $destination = '', $permissions = '777', $extensions = '') {

Ok. If in that section of code $permissions is given an answer ='777' Then shouldn't $file = '', $destination = '', $extensions = '') be given responces after the = too?

class upload {
var $file, $filename, $destination, $permissions, $extensions, $tmp_filename, $message_location;

function upload($file = '????', $destination = 'thumb', $permissions = '777', $extensions = '".jpg",".gif",".jpeg",".png"') {

Sorry I seem to be grasping. I'm still trying to figure out why images won't load :blink:

Any ideas or sugestions would be very helpful!!

nancy

:blush:

class upload {

function upload($file = '', $destination = '', $permissions = '777', $extensions = '') {

Ok. If in that section of code $permissions is given an answer ='777' Then shouldn't $file = '', $destination = '', $extensions = '') be given responces after the = too?

class upload {

function upload($file = '????', $destination = 'thumb', $permissions = '777', $extensions = '".jpg",".gif",".jpeg",".png"') {

Sorry I seem to be grasping. I'm still trying to figure out why images won't load :blink:

Any ideas or sugestions would be very helpful!!

nancy

:blush:

Seems to be my problem is from the same thing but a bit different. My images and layout disapear when people whant to edit their added goods. When you press delete or edit everyting is colapsing to a ruine.

So i made a new testshop and did the same as on my shop and it worked very good. The problem could be two things:

1) because off the ssl connection ( besides the layout everytime a password demand popsup)

2) Because the shop is allready filled with products?

So, when it is point one how can we solve that problem, I guess this is a part for the builder of this contribution.

When it is point 2 we have to make a new empty shop, look if it works and put the products in afterwards. So i was trying to get easy populate to work.... but their are a lot of problems.

How can i solve my problem and even nancy's

1) because off the ssl connection ( besides the layout everytime a password demand popsup)

Hey Jasper. Ive made and deleted about 3 test carts.. I get the same thing each time. everything works but the image will not load.

About the password demand popups.... I take it thats for the administration log in?

In your phpmyadmin, Sql data base, what is the Administrator customer_id value set at.

Mine was set to 2 and now that i have set it to 0 which is what it's suposed to be I seem to have stopped

getting the oscommerce administrator pop ups. ( or so it would seem )

View of where to check the settings in phpmyadmin.... go to the data base. sellect "customers" in the table and brows

adminsettings.jpg

If its not set to 0 make the change and see if the admin password command stops poping up.

I hope this helps

Nancy:D

Customer Add Product 1.4.2 - realised and this version should resolve problem with

#Password Ask from customer fixed (removed)

#Warnigns in administration fixed.

You can download update from Download Section

http://www.procreator.org/com_docman.Itemid-27.html

or

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2890

Edited by empo

Customer Add Product 1.4.2 - realised and this version should resolve problem with

#Password Ask from customer fixed (removed)

#Warnigns in administration fixed.

You can download update from Download Section

http://www.procreator.org/com_docman.Itemid-27.html

or

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2890

Oke, i wont make any mistakes,

Nancy, i tried what you said but the administrator login stays showing up. GRRRRR. But thanks for the idea.

Empo, just to be sure, i have to upload all new files and make the changings in the files as it showed in the readme files?

So no i have to find out about ssl problems as a dummy with computers, I hope i can find it.

Jasper

Well it was worth a try. Hopefully Empo's new version will fix it right up!

Nancy:D

Empo the admin login popup is gone. thanks for that. On the admin/customer site is still an error.

What is the administrator about which is in my customer list. Do i have to fill in the form or leave it empty,

now only the strange changing between ssl and non ssl...

I went to the test shop of empo but it isnt with ssl so i cant compare

What to do?

There new sql command in readme file

#INSERT INTO `address_book` VALUES (address_book_id, 0, 'm', '', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 'Administra', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 176, 0);

this one solve the problem in admin page

There new sql command in readme file

#INSERT INTO `address_book` VALUES (address_book_id, 0, 'm', '', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 'Administra', 'Administrator', 'Administrator', 176, 0);

this one solve the problem in admin page

Does anyone know if this will this conflict with the 'admin with access levels' contributions as that too has an administrator sql command?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

G`day,

is install this great contrib 1.4.2, but i still got a couple of problems:

1.) Calender Probs - which is fixed with the z-index: -> OK fixed :thumbsup:

2.) When a customer adds a new product he select a categorie which works fine. but when he submitted the product - it is listened withoud a categorie in the admin section. When the admin chnage the categorie it is working, but the customer is not able to change the categorie, when he try he can save it but - no change ...

3.) when i try to edit the product and type review or submit it, i will be redirected to the index page (and logged out ...)

So im realy on my end i testing reading for moren the 21 hours but the prob is still there ... i also tested some stuff like the FILENAME_MANAGE ... to 'account_manage.php' ... but the same result ... i also test this stuff with the cookie domains set to google or whatever ... it is not working ...

Pls help me :'(

G`day,

is install this great contrib 1.4.2, but i still got a couple of problems:

1.) Calender Probs - which is fixed with the z-index: -> OK fixed :thumbsup:

2.) When a customer adds a new product he select a categorie which works fine. but when he submitted the product - it is listened withoud a categorie in the admin section. When the admin chnage the categorie it is working, but the customer is not able to change the categorie, when he try he can save it but - no change ...

3.) when i try to edit the product and type review or submit it, i will be redirected to the index page (and logged out ...)

So im realy on my end i testing reading for moren the 21 hours but the prob is still there ... i also tested some stuff like the FILENAME_MANAGE ... to 'account_manage.php' ... but the same result ... i also test this stuff with the cookie domains set to google or whatever ... it is not working ...

Pls help me :'(

As far i can see the prob is php_flag register_globals off. Our provider chnaged the flag to off a couple of month agao and we addded the register globals contib, so everythings is working finde but not the customer add product ...

and idea pls ? :'(

2andamoka: probably u miss something because on demo site all work perfect. May be there conflict between contributions. about globals off i will recheck it.

@all:i`m working on new version of this contribution that i plan to rewrite all code. and also add some new features. you can also sujest one on my site http://www.procreator.org or here

@all:i`m working on new version of this contribution that i plan to rewrite all code. and also add some new features

I definately am looking forward to it. Thanks for your time and effort for the cause Empo, :thumbsup:

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hey empo,

If you're doing an update, are you going to add a sales report for the customer. What I am currently doing is generating a sales report manually for the customer upon their request until I can hack the orders.php file to work for me.

Seso

I have a couple of question.

My online store is download based. How is the customer able to add the download link to the product? Is there a way to hide certain categories where customers are not allowd to add anything?

Suggestions:

-When a customer add a product able to track each product purchase monthly and how much of that has been paid to the customer by the admin. Or the customer can request a payment from the admin (min $25)

-At product info have a 'Submited by SuchUser"

-Some small profile info of the customer

-Able to add download link to the product.

Edited by holdika

• 2 weeks later...

1 question= Can i charge customers for submithing products wen i aproove the product??? and 2= can people see who is selling the products???

Hiya, I have it installed although I haven't got the photo upload to work - (I just made a simple form attachment to email for this, then I add the photos myself via the admin panel)

Ive customised the look and feel of it so I have removed many of the standard product fields, like date available etc. It looks a bit different to the standard version. I use it with Product Extra Fields too.

Its a brilliant system, if only I could figure out how to upload photos with it!

Here's my link:

Privateseller.ie

Email = [email protected]

Password = cocacola

Let me know what you think

1 question= Can i charge customers for submithing products wen i aproove the product??? and 2= can people see who is selling the products???

can i charge customers a fee for selling?? and will someone know that its a thirdparty thats selling the products