• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Add Product

empo

Hey this contribution is great. I just have one question. How does everybody keep track of what is selling. In other words is there a contribution some where that I have not found that lets the site admin and the customer know how much they have sold. If not how is everybody keeping track of how much you owe a customer. I am assuming that people who add there products are being paid by the sit owner with each sale.

Thanks

RG

Hi all,

I have the same problem than lasmit :

When I login as a customer and add a product I am redirected to the index page. There is neither confirmation nor an error message. But when I check the database nothing has been added.

Customer Add product ver 1.4

All help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

I have a problem with cap. I do not have the installation so far and I an error message received. but if I go on Admin and the customers click -, who are from the customer name. I would like to de-energise gladly the customer, therefore I click of "no" on "" and store it. This storage is however not taken over. What is the error? writeright are set

Can find me to her in the German forum under ostholsteiner one

Great mod, but how the heck do you all keep records of who sells what? Currently, it looks like there is no way to have the customer who added the item to be notified if someone purchased, and there is no elegant way to show what was sold on the admin side. ANy thoughts?

i join antoinemar and lastmit with exactly the same problem using cap1.4, basic MS2FR french version (2005 11 13) without neither other contribution nor SSL.

- I have even seen (!) products disappear in admin until i change categories.php:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) { ...
} else {
$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,p.customer_id,c.customers_firstname,c.customers_lastname, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS." as c , " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and c.customers_id = p.customer_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by pd.products_name");

taking off

p.customer_id,c.customers_firstname,c.customers_lastname,

- i have also comments //BOF ... //EOF in popups

- when i try to edit the administrator in customers i get :

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home.2/aucher/www/MS2FR/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home.2/aucher/www/MS2FR/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

there is a real problem with the (original us version) MS2 20051113 :

after installing this version and cap, that is what i get on account.php :

Add new Product

MY_ADD_PRODUCT

MY_EDIT_PRODUCT_TITLE

whatever is the language used.

of course i didn't forget

## Open file: includes/languages/english.php
 ## Add code :
		   define('MY_ADD_PRODUCT_TITLE', 'Add new Product');
		   define('MY_ADD_PRODUCT_TITLE', 'Add Product');

If you are having the problem of being redirected to the index page.

edit your /catalog/includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.google.com'); <== Change to a bogus site to force sessions
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.google.com'); <== Change to a bogus site to force sessions
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

Worked for me.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Empo,

Many thanks for this nice contribution.

I have one problem with the account_manage.php

When you open an edit page using the edit button

the page loads up without the CSS file and formatting.

Could you please let me know how to fix this ?

• 2 weeks later...

hello

I have to install the contribution and I have some problems with page-setting of the product (impossible to use < Br > they are to replace by _)

there is also the mall received at the time of an addition of product, I see the name but not the category in which it are to place.

like this:

Hello administrator

New product was added to:

Product was added by: the name of the person

For approve new product go to administrator panel

if somebody has an idea.......

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by pd.products_name' at line 1

select p.products_id,p.customer_id,c.customers_firstname,c.customers_lastname, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, customers as c , products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and c.customers_id = p.customer_id and pd.language_id = '4' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.customer_id = order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

What's the wrong ?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by pd.products_name' at line 1

select p.products_id,p.customer_id,c.customers_firstname,c.customers_lastname, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, customers as c , products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and c.customers_id = p.customer_id and pd.language_id = '4' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.customer_id = order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

What's the wrong ?

read manual

p.customer_id =???

Read the entire thread and I don't see any solution to the popup box when you go to "manage my products." It only happens in IE for me, if that helps isolate the problem.

Never mind, I found it. There was a include to the general java file in the admin folder. Don't know why it was there, but getting rid of it stopped the popup and everything seems to be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are having the problem of being redirected to the index page.

edit your /catalog/includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.google.com'); <== Change to a bogus site to force sessions
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.google.com'); <== Change to a bogus site to force sessions
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

Worked for me.

Pat

First of all, thank's Pat!

You gave mi the solution I was looking for hours! Unfortunately my happyness was for a short

time... I'm not able to upload an image with the cap contrib... actually the imageupload happens,

so after processing "preview" the image is uploaded an puttet correctly in the image and thumb folders.

But the image is not updated in the database.

When I was debugging I found the following error witch happens in the pase() function of the upload.php file:

Warning: Illegal offset type in D:\development\webpages\oscommerce\catalog\includes\classes\upload.php on line 42

Anyone with the same problem out there?

Greets

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Empo,

I really want to use your contribution. I tried installing it. However i get following error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in E:\inetpub\vhosts\dealsnoffers.com\httpdocs\includes\header.php:136) in E:\inetpub\vhosts\dealsnoffers.com\httpdocs\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 13

you can check the same on www.dealsnoffers.com/index.php

you can loggin using following test connection

login id : [email protected]

pass : krutal01

Anyways thanks in advance ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

This contribution is exactly what I need. However, I have been trying every solution I can think of for the last 3 days solid to try and fix this problem.

Basically, I have the contribution installed, working fine (apart from image uploads but thats another story!) and I have done a bit of tweaking to get it to accept paypal payments. I done this by just adding a payments page with a link to paypal.

What I am trying to do, is once the customer ads, and previews their product, they are redirected to my payments.php page.

The thing is, every time the form is submitted, the customer gets redirected to the catalog/index.php

I can get the redirect to work when I change

echo '??<a href="http://www.privateseller.ie/catalog/payment.php">' .tep_image_submit('button_insert.gif', Insert) . '</a>';

to

echo '??<a href="http://www.privateseller.ie/catalog/payment.php">' .tep_image_button('button_insert.gif', Insert) . '</a>';

although, when I do this, the product isn't uploaded.

Ive tried everything from using javascript onsubmit to inserting a tep_href_link into the form, I'm really really pulling my hair out over this.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Edited by SimJim

OH MY GOD!

I figured it out!....so so simple :blush: (kinda embarrassing)

In catalog/account_add.php Look for:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'osCsid=' . $osCsid . '&pID=' . $products_id))

And change the filename to whatever page you want. In my case it was:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYMENT, 'osCsid=' . $osCsid . '&pID=' . $products_id))

I've just saved myself from losing a ?5,000 payment over this!

Praise the lord!

Hello,

does anybody have a webshop where this contribution is installed. I have tried the testshops mentioned on this thread, but none of them work. I would like to see how the contrib looks like and how it works.

Thanks!

Hiya, I have it installed although I haven't got the photo upload to work - (I just made a simple form attachment to email for this, then I add the photos myself via the admin panel)

Ive customised the look and feel of it so I have removed many of the standard product fields, like date available etc. It looks a bit different to the standard version. I use it with Product Extra Fields too.

Its a brilliant system, if only I could figure out how to upload photos with it!

Here's my link:

Privateseller.ie

Email = [email protected]

Password = cocacola

Let me know what you think

Hiya, I have it installed although I haven't got the photo upload to work - (I just made a simple form attachment to email for this, then I add the photos myself via the admin panel)

Ive customised the look and feel of it so I have removed many of the standard product fields, like date available etc. It looks a bit different to the standard version. I use it with Product Extra Fields too.

Its a brilliant system, if only I could figure out how to upload photos with it!

Here's my link:

Privateseller.ie

Password = cocacola

i'm not hiya, but it's quite fine ! and the look too !

what MS version are you using ?

did you do any code changes except the one you mentioned ?

Here's my link:

Privateseller.ie

Password = cocacola

ok, nice site... needs a little more attention and it'll be excellent!

hope you get the photo issue sorted soon :-)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

i'm not hiya, but it's quite fine ! and the look too !

what MS version are you using ?

did you do any code changes except the one you mentioned ?

Hi Corbin,

Thanks for the compliments. Sorry for being a bit dense but what do you mean by "MS"?

I done an awful amount of changes to this contribution to get it to the way it is now. A lot of trial and error, just following the code logic as errors arose.

I'd nearly pay someone to get the photo upload part working, then it would be fully automated...Lazy Days!

And thank you too Chooch! I'll be giving it my undivided attention over the next week or so to iron out any little problems as they arise.

By the way, if I can help anyone with the installation of this, by all means, just ask...such a shame about the photo thingy.

Very good contribution!, for that the spiffy calendar works fine in firefox, opera an IE, you have to add to the spiffyCal_v2_1.css file, in the #spiffycalendar div, the parameter:

z-index: 5;

:)

And thank you too Chooch! I'll be giving it my undivided attention over the next week or so to iron out any little problems as they arise.

By the way, if I can help anyone with the installation of this, by all means, just ask...such a shame about the photo thingy.

any luck on the photo thingy?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH