• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Add Product

empo

i am using the ultra pics contribution and i wanted to find out how to hack the popup image file to work with this? and also how can i make the add product thing like on admin? in admin i have the fckeditor, i can upload more pics...thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I have some new troubles. Nothing big.

I can joust copy and paste PHP - don't understand more of it

Here they are:

1. some errors in the admin/customers:

When I work on my local PC server (apache2triad) then there are no errors and when I install it on my host than they are there (MySQL 5.0.45 and PHP 5.2.5).

---

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /web/d1/users/podpecan/izjava/admin/customers.php on line 743

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /web/d1/users/podpecan/izjava/admin/customers.php on line 743

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /web/d1/users/podpecan/izjava/admin/customers.php on line 745

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /web/d1/users/podpecan/izjava/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /web/d1/users/podpecan/izjava/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

2. some translations from Spanish to English:

---

Un nouveau produit a XtX ajoutX

Cher administrateur

Un nouveau produit a été ajouté dans la catégorie :

Cet ajout a été fait par :

Pour approuver ce nouveau produit, veuillez vous rendre dans votre panneau d

---

Un nouveau produit a été ajouté ou modifié

Un nouveau produit a été ajouté dans la catégorie :

Cet ajout a été fait par :

Pour approuver ce nouveau produit, veuillez vous rendre dans votre panneau d

---

Thanks

item #1 has been answered already.. try searching the thread..

item #2, i'm also having the same problem...

anyone here wants to translate those?

Here's what I did to my english.php:

define('MY_ADD_PRODUCT', 'Add new product (subject for approval)');

define( 'MY_ADD_PRODUCT_TITLE', 'My Wish List');

define('MY_EDIT_PRODUCT_TITLE', 'Edit product');

Such that when a user looks into "my account" page, he'll see the last box for adding products

with a title of "My Wishlist" and links for adding and editing products.. The install instruction is

somehow misleading on those three lines.

I tried uploading a picture same name with the logo of the website and CAP happily overwrote it. any workaround??

Looking at this module now, and wondering if you ever got it working?

Has anyone?

Thx in advance,

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the latest contribution 1.4.3 with no trouble.

Has anyone edited this contribution so that when a customer edits their product the product stays available and does not have to be approved by the admin again ?

Please share if you did.

Edited by usvi4me

• 3 weeks later...

Someone has already mentioned this but I didnt see an asnwer.

I am wanting my customers to purchase an advert, I have installed the CAP contrib and the enable/disable buy now buttons and I am hoping a customer can come to the site and buy an advert an be redirected to the CAP page of their account. The CAP priducts are all for viewing only not purchase so there is no issue with % of sales etc. I just need it automated!

Many thanks in advance for any help given!

Oliver

Keep passing the open windows.

I installed the latest contribution 1.4.3 with no trouble.

Has anyone edited this contribution so that when a customer edits their product the product stays available and does not have to be approved by the admin again ?

Please share if you did.

Interested in this as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

Thanks for the great contribution.

I just added this contribution to my site - it’s great - however am getting php warnings when I select customers from the admin panel. I believe it might be due to php5 which is currently installed on my server; I’m using oscommerce-2.2rc1.

------------------------------warnings---------------------------------------------------------

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /var/www/web1/web/catalog/admin/customers.php on line 734

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /var/www/web1/web/catalog/admin/customers.php on line 735

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/web1/web/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 10

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /var/www/web1/web/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help on fixing the php warnings is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

psg

I just received the same error in a different file and found the answer:

change all of the array_merge functions from this format:

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

to this format:

$sql_data_array = array_merge((array)$sql_data_array, (array)$insert_sql_data);

There are a bunch of files that use array_merge in the admin area - I switched to PHP5 last year and just noticed the issue. Guess that I'm really behind with this stuff. Your post was from January - hope that it was fixed a long time ago!

Tony

Tony, thanks for that, it really helped.

I installed this contrib and it seems good, but for some reason in account_add.php it throws the whole middle and top part of my shop to the right and the left column is all the way to the left. Seems like the width is wrong somewhere but I don't know where to look. The foother is also messed up on this page.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

i've installed the 1.4.3 version without a problem and everything seems to be ok..

I think diddly's version "v1.4.2 - subcategory for pending approvals" is also very useful.

My question is:

As an admin you can see all your registered customers. Can you also see the relation of a customer and the products that we upload?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again, I am still after getting the user access automated after a purchase, but anyway. I also need to know how to make the photo NOT resize to a thumbnail after uploading and i am not able to upload jpeg files only jpg, how can i change this?

many thanks

Oliver

Edited by blackbelt007

• 3 weeks later...

I am assuming this therad is dead but will give it onelast go, I have solved all my previous issues, but I am still wanting to allow the customer to add multiple images, I have added the multi pics 6 contrib and have managed to get the changes in the cap account add file but it is not working properly, The images are discarded so I am obviously missing something in there> Any help!!

Please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm runing Running OSC v2.2 rc2a and CAP 1.4.3, and server xampp 1.6.8 and after i insert image and all optionts and update shows me this error: Catchable fatal error: Object of class upload could not be converted to string in C:\xampp\htdocs\4bike\includes\functions\general.php on line 1126

at line 1126 is: if (($value != '') && (strtolower($value) != '') && (strlen(trim($value)) > 0)) {

i need the solution please

Edited by pac_indahood

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please help

If a customer upload a image 1200x800 is OK but

if upload a image >1200x800 appear white page

I think the problem is here:

-----------------------------------------

function save() {

global $messageStack;

list($width, $height, $type, $attr) = getimagesize($this->file['tmp_name']);

//echo $width.' '.$height.' '. $type.' '. $attr;

// die($this->file['type']);

if (substr($this->destination, -1) != '/') $this->destination .= '/';

if (!is_dir($this->destination.'thumb/')) mkdir ($this->destination.'thumb/');

if (move_uploaded_file($this->file['tmp_name'], $this->destination . $this->filename)) {

copy($this->destination . $this->filename, $this->destination.'thumb/'. $this->filename);

chmod($this->destination . $this->filename, $this->permissions);

$picture = $this->destination . $this->filename; # picture fileNAME here. not address

if (eregi('jpeg',$this->file['type']) || eregi('jpg',$this->file['type']))

{

$function_image_create = "ImageCreateFromJpeg";

$function_image_new = "ImageJpeg";

}

if (eregi('png',$this->file['type']))

{

$function_image_create = "ImageCreateFromPng";

$function_image_new = "ImagePNG";

}

if (eregi('gif',$this->file['type']))

{

$function_image_create = "ImageCreateFromGif";

$function_image_new = "ImagePNG";

}

if (!eregi('flash',$this->file['type']))

{

$src_img=@$function_image_create($picture);

$oh = imagesy($src_img); # original height

$ow = imagesx($src_img); # original width

$r = $oh/$ow;

$new_w = 100;

$new_h = $new_w * $r;

$dst_img = ImageCreateTrueColor($new_w,$new_h);

ImageCopyResized($dst_img, $src_img, 0,0,0,0, $new_w, $new_h, ImageSX($src_img), ImageSY($src_img));

@$function_image_new($dst_img, "$picture");

}

---------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

Im running osCommerce 2.2 RC2. Don't this Add-On work with that version?

I've installed it and tried, but when the customers add an product, and press Preview, he get sent to the starting page of the catalog. No product gets added.

Have i done anything wrong? Or is it not compatible with osCommerce 2.2 RC2?