• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems With Base Credit Card Module

cabobrian

Please help!

I would like to use the base credit card module but it doesn't seem to be working. A customer can place an order and select "Credit Card" as the payment method, fill out the information, and click Continue. In the confirmation screen, everything shows correctly. However, after the order is confirmed, only the cc_number is stored. The owner and expiration date are missing. Also, nowhere does it allow the user to select the cc_type or show what type the credit card is after the order was placed.

Any ideas? I would rather not use this module at all, but my client doesn't have another option yet.

Thanks!!!

Brian

The CC module is only there to be used in conjunction with a credit card processing company, and either a full or shared merchant id.  On its own it does nothing.

Vger

Disagree - The CC module can be used to capture and store the customer's CC information for later use by 'manual' authorisation methods.

Please help!

Also, nowhere does it allow the user to select the cc_type or show what type the credit card is after the order was placed.

Any ideas?  I would rather not use this module at all, but my client doesn't have another option yet.

Thanks!!!

Brian

I do not know enough about this to answer all your questions, but the first digit of a credit card number identifies what type of card it is. The first 6 digits identify the issuing bank.

Tim

Archived