• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net problem is back again

itfitz

It worked yesterday and it doesnt work today, and for those of you that are new at this the error is:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the Merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been declined.

If it was easy, anyone could do it!

Are you trying each test with the same card number - as the system will look at this as a fraud attempt and not process the transaction.

If you are try with different card details.

Your online success is Paramount.

I am using the test card numbers that Authorize.net supplied me with. From what they say, the card "should" be coming back declined. Approved or declined is not the issue though, its that is doesnt post the transaction back to OSC. which means that I get their money, but I have no idea what it is for. Like I stated, it worked last night. This morning, it doenst.

From what I read, this will solve the problem, but it still doesnt resolve the issue with the error in the payment processing. I willinstall this contrib, but would still like to know why it is having this problem.

Thanks,

Shawn

Archived