• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customizing text on UPS XML?

I have the UPS XML module installed and working correctly, but I want to change the text that is being displayed. Does someone know how to do that and can show me where the code is?

Here is what I want to change. On the shipping checkout page that displays the shipping methods and rates, the UPS XML module displays the text:

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 82.5 lbs total)

All I want it to display is:

United Parcel Service

I want to change the text that is being displayed.

I guess that line is constructed somewhere around line 225 in includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:

// EOF Time In Transit

$upsQuote = $this->_upsGetQuote();
       if ((is_array($upsQuote)) && (sizeof($upsQuote) > 0)) {
           if (DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED) {
               $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $this->boxCount . ($this->boxCount > 1 ? ' pkg(s), ' : ' pkg, ') . $totalWeight . ' ' . strtolower($this->unit_weight) . ' total)');
           } else {
               $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ($this->boxCount > 1 ? ' pkg(s) x ' : ' pkg x ') . $shipping_weight . ' ' . strtolower($this->unit_weight) . ' total)');
           }

Look for the "else" statement and I suggest you try changing that part to:

} else {
// original code below
/*                $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $shipping_num_boxes . ($this->boxCount > 1 ? ' pkg(s) x ' : ' pkg x ') . $shipping_weight . ' ' . strtolower($this->unit_weight) . ' total)'); */
// new code, not showing number of boxes and weight
               $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title);
           }

Cool! That took out the information about the number of packages and the package weight. To take out the word "XML" in the text "United Parcel Service (XML)" I edited the upsxml.php file found in \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping

Thanks for the help!