• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PhP help please

BigNate

You load the osCommerce folder called 'catalog' into the root folder for easyphp (it may be called webdocs, www, htdocs, webpages etc.)

Then you need to go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin (or similar) and set up a blank database ('Create a new database' link).

Then you need to go to http://localhost/catalog/install and start the install procedure for osCommerce. You will need your database user name, password and the name of the database you set up.

Vger

i dont know how to easy php with the oscommerce only because i am new to PhP. how do i get the oscommerce stuff to go into the easy php program?

Let me ask a real-real newbie question: What is easyphp? I know php pretty well, but I'm new to osC. I tried searches on this and could not find an answer.

Thanks,

David Watson

Personally I use Xitami for my local server, but it does not come in an all-in-one package so isn't for everyone - but it's much faster and less intrusive on computer resources. I prefer XAMPP over easyPHP for ease of setting up and of use, but you do need to apply the php5 fix to admin/includes/classes/upload.php for the admin section of osCommerce to work.

Vger

once again i must ask i still cant get this install program to work. i put the catalog folder from oscommerce into the www folder of easyphp program and then made the new directory under the myphpadmin thing, but it wont open up the install thing for me. i dont know what to do now! please help if you can

If you are typing http://localhost/catalog/install into your browser and nothing happens then there is either something wrong with your install of easyPHP (unlikely if you can use phpMyAdmin) or else the catalog folder is in the wrong place. Sorry, but it's been ages since I used easyPHP, and can't remember what the web folder name is, but 'www' does sound right.

Are you getting any error messages? Or are you just getting a blank screen?

Vger

If you are typing http://localhost/catalog/install into your browser and nothing happens then there is either something wrong with your install of easyPHP (unlikely if you can use phpMyAdmin) or else the catalog folder is in the wrong place.  Sorry, but it's been ages since I used easyPHP, and can't remember what the web folder name is, but 'www' does sound right.

Are you getting any error messages?  Or are you just getting a blank screen?

Vger

first i just got a blank screen when i tried to run the install like that. now i it says my register_globals are off and that is why it wont run, but i went into the php.ini file and changed the register_global settings to on and it still says that same thing.

Okay, it's possible on a local install to end up with more than one php.ini file. Run a search of files on your computer for all files named php.ini, and then edit all of them - that's the first thing to do. Then, if easyPHP is using php5 then go to your catalog folder, and go to admin/includes/classes/upload.php and on line 31 where you see $this change it to //$this

If this doesn't work come back here for some more ideas.

Vger

You got a reply within 15 minutes - what more do you want?

Bumping is not allowed - which I suspect you know, as it robs others of their chance to get their post viewed and answered.

Vger

You got a reply within 15 minutes - what more do you want?

Bumping is not allowed - which I suspect you know, as it robs others of their chance to get their post viewed and answered.

Vger

sry bout that didnt know i couldnt bump. it is just that there are so many ppl who post here that sometime post get moved way down or to next page very quickly. i will try that tonight, ty for all your help Vger

When using EasyPHP, you don't need to install oscommerce like you normally would. In the www directory, create a directory with whatever name you want, i.e., NathansShop. Then unzip the oscommerce archive file, and copy all of the contents of the catalog directory into NathansShop. Change the configure files to point to this directory and you are done with the files. Next, open a browser. Then right click on the EasyPHP icon in the task bar and select Configuration->phpmyadmin. This will start phpmyadmin. Once there, you need to create a database and then upload a copy of the database you want to use into it. All done.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

i change all the register_globals in the php.ini folders but it still says they are off

Does php (or apache) have to be restarted to re-read the php.ini file? (I'm used to dealing with apache config, and you have to restart it to get it to use the new configurations).

I don't remember whether I had to restart my services to get the register_globals to be recognized.

i dont know how to set up easy php i am sry i am very new to this. i can get the install thing to work any suggestions

Have you tried the install instructions found HERE If not try them and see if it helps. If you follow them step by step you should not have any problems.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Have you tried the install instructions found  HERE  If not try them and see if it helps. If you follow them step by step you should not have any problems.

i have done those steps, i am going to uninstall everything and reinstall easyphp and then redownload and unzip oscommerce and try everything again. ty to all who have helped.

Archived