• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New installation

acsltd

I am trying to install osC onto a Linux server through Dreamweaver on a PC. However, I seem to be getting lots of errors when I come to run the installation procedure. These errors are caused by files being in incorrect folders, and therefore having incorrect logical paths. For instance, there might be a require statement in one php script which should point to another php file in the folder heirarchy, but the path is incorrect. I have tried 2.2 milestone 2 and also the daily update version, with little success. I am a big fan of open source and would like to support this effort, but fear I might have to look elsewhere for a solution.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, but the file paths seem to be incorrect even before I copy them to the web server. I have downloaded the zip file from the osCommerce site and extracted them with WinZip (preserving paths).

Hi,

If the relative paths are preserved when unzipping locally, and also relative paths preserved when uploading, there cannot be a problem, can't see how.

Have you done a visual check, after uploading with FTP, that the relative path hierarchy is exactly the same as local ?

Hmm, ... unless the server has the includes path 'not normal' ??

Peter

Archived