• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where are programers when u need them?!

ebay258

Site - as you can tell I have'nt realy done anything to it. I installed it using Fantastico.

This is exactly what's in my File Manager in my cPanel:

/ (Current Folder)

Create New Folder

Upload file(s)

.entropybanner........................................755

.fantasticodata.........................................755

.gnupg....................................................700

.htmltemplates........................................755

.htpasswds.............................................755

.trash.....................................................700

ftp.........................................................755

mail.......................................................750

public_ftp...............................................755

public_html............................................750

ssl.........................................................700

tmp.......................................................700

www......................................................750

Create New File

.acart...............................0 k.................600

.contactemail....................0 k.................600

.cpanel-ducache................10 k...............600

Can you tell me wich one is for osCommerce an wich I should change access to 666 for? As you can tell I know nothing

Can you tell me wich one is for osCommerce an wich I should change access to 666 for? As you can tell I know nothing

Which of the above things do I change access to 666 and when I do does this mean I can edit every thing right there on the website? As for: /home/mnnan/public_html/tvdeals//stylesheet.css I dont even know where it's at. I got this as an error message when I visited the stylesheet file in "tools".

It was part of this error message: Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/mnnan/public_html/tvdeals//stylesheet.css

From your stylesheet error message, your oscommerce installation is within your public_html/tvdeals folder - click on public_html, then click on tvdeals.

666 refers to the access status of your files. This can be done using chmod command in your ftp programme - if you dont already have an ftp programme, i strongly recommend finding on e- search for ftp freeware or similar, but you will need to amend quite a few files to get your store up and running, and the online interfaces aren't overly reliable! chmod to 666 makes your file readable and writeable - i.e. anybody - you, your server and your visitors can look at and amend your files, so only apply this to the exact files as instructed. You will also aoccassionally be asked to "777" your files - this makes the files executable as well, so again only amend the exact files you are instructed to change to prevent any undesirables from entering your programming files and ruining all your hard workl!

Hope that helps, and good luck! :thumbsup:

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Archived