• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can customers go directly to PayPal?

maialee

We have 5 websites, all selling things using a PayPal cart on html pages (no shopping cart software). We now have this osCommerce site using the same PayPal account under a different e-mail address. The problem is that customers have to give us their address, etc. and then they go to PayPal and have to do it all again, which must be very irritating. If I turn PayPal IPN on, will it mess up the other 5 sites that are not set up for IPN? Also, will the PayPal shipping configurations mess up my shipping amounts in osCommerce? Which shipping would apply to these purchases? Is there a solution to this problem? I would love to be able to send customers right to PayPal when they are ready to checkout, but I want them to receive the receipt from us as well as PayPal. Any ideas???

We have 5 websites, all selling things using a PayPal cart on html pages (no shopping cart software).  We now have this osCommerce site using the same PayPal account under a different e-mail address.  The problem is that customers have to give us their address, etc. and then they go to PayPal and have to do it all again, which must be very irritating.  If I turn PayPal IPN on, will it mess up the other 5 sites that are not set up for IPN?  Also, will the PayPal shipping configurations mess up my shipping amounts in osCommerce?  Which shipping would apply to these purchases?  Is there a solution to this problem?  I would love to be able to send customers right to PayPal when they are ready to checkout, but I want them to receive the receipt from us as well as PayPal.  Any ideas???

Hi

what I have done is create a module similar to the direct bank deposit module. This allows customer to select payment method of paypal or direct deposit. The information needed to make the paypal payment is provided in the checkout process. They then receive the osc email advising that I am waiting for payment confirmation. When I get the paypal confirmation of payment I proceed by updating the oSc invoice until it is shipped.

This does not send them directly to paypal but provides info to get them there

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia