• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Departure From The osCommerce Team

Mark Evans

It is with great sadness that I annouce my departure from the osCommerce team.

I have been offered an exciting opportunity to work for a company full time in the e-Commerce arena. This opportunity will allow me to continue to work in the PHP/e-Commerce field which I so enjoy.

As a starting PHP developer with only 1 years expeirience under my belt, working with osCommerce helped me bring my knowledge of both PHP / MySQL to levels I never imagined I could reach.

Hopefully I bought to the project new idea's and fresh perspectives on how features could work, helping to take the project from its "The Exchange Project" PR2.1 release through some of the major code re-structuring that has taken place over the last few of years to make osCommerce the leading ecommerce solution it is today.

The countless hours spent on bug fixes and provision of support in the community has made osCommerce a very big part of my life, The addition of new payment providers and the restructuring of the reviews system, specials, updating the customer administration section, european legislation, the creation of a weight class system which brings incredible flexibility to the shipping system, and the moving of credit card types from the validation class to the administration tool are just some of the small contributions I have made to the project and the community.

I have also made many new friends whilst working on osCommerce, both the team members and many members of the community. The public meetings that were held in both Holland and Germany were great eye openers to what real shop owners require from an ecommerce solution.

Unfortunately due to my new job position, I will not be able to spend any time on the project from the 1st Feb 2005. I have very much enjoyed my 3 1/2 years as a member of the osCommerce team and I wish the osCommerce team every sucess during the 2.2 development cycle.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

:'(

Although it is a sad loss for the osCommerce project, I am proud and happy with the possibilities you have gained through your dedication and hard work you have put towards the project, and wish you all the best with the door you have decided to walk through.

Although the "competition" has snatched you as a team member, I will be sure to keep the friendship gained intact! :)

On behalf of the team and community, we thank you for your dedication, work, support, sweat, blood, and tears you have put towards the project, and hope you have a lot of fun at your new job :thumbsup:

:heart:, osCommerce

Well Mark,

Good luck in your future endevours, I hope that leaving the Team does not mean leaving the community and hope that you will still drop in to say hello. You will be missed by many I am sure. Your hard work and dedication to the project has always been seen by myself, and I am sure many others.

Cheers Mark and have a wonderful time in your new position. :thumbsup:

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Wow...this is totally unexpected. Mark, I hope the future brings you better days. I also hope that you visit often and let us know how the new job turns out. Thanks for all the times you helped me out. I really appreciate everything you did for me, and I wish you the best.

Good luck Mark.

Chris Sullivan

• 2 weeks later...

I have been offered an exciting opportunity to work for a company full time in the e-Commerce arena. This opportunity will allow me to continue to work in the PHP/e-Commerce field which I so enjoy.

As a starting PHP developer with only 1 years expeirience under my belt, working with osCommerce helped me bring my knowledge of both PHP / MySQL to levels I never imagined I could reach.

Hopefully I bought to the project new idea's and fresh perspectives on how features could work, helping to take the project from its "The Exchange Project" PR2.1 release through some of the major code re-structuring that has taken place over the last few of years to make osCommerce the leading ecommerce solution it is today.

The countless hours spent on bug fixes and provision of support in the community has made osCommerce a very big part of my life, The addition of new payment providers and the restructuring of the reviews system, specials, updating the customer administration section, european legislation, the creation of a weight class system which brings incredible flexibility to the shipping system, and the moving of credit card types from the validation class to the administration tool are just some of the small contributions I have made to the project and the community.

I have also made many new friends whilst working on osCommerce, both the team members and many members of the community. The public meetings that were held in both Holland and Germany were great eye openers to what real shop owners require from an ecommerce solution.

Unfortunately due to my new job position, I will not be able to spend any time on the project from the 1st Feb 2005. I have very much enjoyed my 3 1/2 years as a member of the osCommerce team and I wish the osCommerce team every sucess during the 2.2 development cycle.

WOW, like we say in Puerto Rico,

"Cuando un Amigo se va que un espacio vacio que no lo puede llenar la llegada de otro amigo"

Well that mean:

"Went you lose a friend, there will be an empty space, that not even a new friend will fill.

Good Luck, Buena Suerte, Hope you make the $$$$$$.

Greeting from Puerto Rico

Archived