• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mandatory/non-mandatory fields in create_account

Brocksburn

Greetings wise ones,

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I created a store with osC and everything's running really well (shock, horror) but now I find I want to change the mandatory/non-mandatory status of certain fields in the "Create account" area.

I've got a telephone number field set to mandatory (so we can contact customers if there's a problem with their order) but I'm worried that being forced to provide a phone number is putting people off from signing up, so I want to make this field optional.

I have vague memories of setting this up, but can't remember how the heck I did it. The advancing years are taking their toll, I fear.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Ellie

Greetings wise ones,

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I created a store with osC and everything's running really well (shock, horror) but now I find I want to change the mandatory/non-mandatory status of certain fields in the "Create account" area.

I've got a telephone number field set to mandatory (so we can contact customers if there's a problem with their order) but I'm worried that being forced to provide a phone number is putting people off from signing up, so I want to make this field optional.

I have vague memories of setting this up, but can't remember how the heck I did it.  The advancing years are taking their toll, I fear.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

Look at this thread, this will help you out.

Disable Telephone As A Requirement

Andrea

P.S. If you'd like the telephone field to be seen as optional, simply follow the instructions in that thread and replace that asterisk with the word OPTIONAL

Archived