• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ghost in the machine

giftmaster

I have a problem. Late last night I was using cpanel and working on my image folder. The page went blank, I hit refresh and "page not found" came up. I figured the hosting might be doing work on the server so I went to bed. This morning I still cannot access my site,admin or cpanel. I contacted my hosting and they can find no problem with the server.

I contaced several friends and they can get to the web site, admin and cpanel with no problem.

I have cleared my browser and even loaded firefox ( which is very cool and fast) but no luck. I cannot view my site. I have 3 computers on a router using comcast High speed. my site is chcgifts

Has anyone had this problem? I sure could use some help.

Thanks,

Raymond

I have a problem. Late last night I was using cpanel and working on my image folder. The page went blank, I hit refresh and "page not found" came up. I figured the hosting might be doing work on the server so I went  to bed. This morning I still cannot access my site,admin or cpanel. I contacted my hosting and they can find no problem with the server.

I contaced several friends and they can get to the web site, admin and cpanel with no problem.

I have  cleared my browser and even loaded firefox ( which is very cool and fast) but no luck. I cannot view my site. I have 3 computers on a router using comcast High speed. my site is chcgifts

Thanks,

Raymond

Hi Ray it seems to be working fine know

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Yes, your site works now.

That reminds me of a problem that I had with the mail server at my host.

My host denied anything was wrong.

However, 20 minutes after I complained I received 12 emails all in one shot.

Just my 2 cents,

Robert

I have a problem. Late last night I was using cpanel and working on my image folder. The page went blank, I hit refresh and "page not found" came up. I figured the hosting might be doing work on the server so I went  to bed. This morning I still cannot access my site,admin or cpanel. I contacted my hosting and they can find no problem with the server.

I have  cleared my browser and even loaded firefox ( which is very cool and fast) but no luck. I cannot view my site. I have 3 computers on a router using comcast High speed. my site is chcgifts

Thanks,

Raymond

Ctrl F5

Rob123 & WiseWombat. Thanks but the problem is I can't see my site, all I get when I hit the link is page can't be displayed ( the ie message when you go to a bad url).

If I give someone the access coul you look at my cpanel and or admin and see if somehow I blocked my own ip adress? The site is not active yet so it would be no problem.

Thanks Ray

Bad dog. Great tip but no help. I was not kidding when I said a demon is in my computer :'(

Can you ping your own site?

What does a tracert say?

If you can FTP into your own site, I suggest you backup/rename/delete your .htaccess file.

HTH,

Robert

I get "This Site cannot be Displayed".

Nachoman

Archived