• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

restrict purchases from certain territories

Hi there,

is there anyway that i can restrict purchases from certain territories. For example there are certain products that we can only sell in Europe, but not in the US.

A couple of ways i could see it possibly working

1) before entry to the shop the customer selects his/her country. The shop then only displays products that are allowed to be sold there

2) when clicking the Buy Button, the customers IP address is checked and does not allow purchase if they don't live in a country from which the product can be sold.

Any help / suggestions / existing contributions would be very helpful.

Hi there,

is there anyway that i can restrict purchases from certain territories. For example there are certain products that we can only sell in Europe, but not in the US.

A couple of ways i could see it possibly working

1) before entry to the shop the customer selects his/her country. The shop then only displays products that are allowed to be sold there

2) when clicking the Buy Button, the customers IP address is checked and does not allow purchase if they don't live in a country from which the product can be sold.

Any help / suggestions / existing contributions would be very helpful.

I guess it is not a buying issue but a shipping issue.

I would make it flexible by stating this fact in the product info and checking the products vs destination during checkout shipping after the shipping address has been supplied.

Treasurer MFC

I guess it is not a buying issue but a shipping issue.

I would make it flexible by stating this fact in the product info and checking the products vs destination during checkout shipping after the shipping address has been supplied.

its actually for downloaded products so i need to automatically verify or differentiate customers by territory.

Archived