• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce.sql not found

sgolden

Hi,

Im new to oscommerce. This is the first time i am installing it when trying to do Database import it succeeds the test but then gives me an error SQL: /install/oscommerce.sql could not be found.

I have my webserver at godaddy and its a windows based server. I just have a root directory there is no home or public_html directory so i have copied the catalog folder in the root.

Can someone please help?

Have you first created a database on your host server?

I am not sure you can get osCommerce to run at GoDaddy. I was with them but left because of that. I think they restrict running scripts based on emails I finally got from customer service there.

I believe they prefer to sell you their ecommerce solution.

Rik Rasmussen

Have you first created a database on your host server?

I am not sure you can get osCommerce to run at GoDaddy. I was with them but left because of that. I think they restrict running scripts based on emails I finally got from customer service there.

I believe they prefer to sell you their ecommerce solution.

True. Their webhosting stinks and is over priced with no value whatsoever. The only thing they are good for is domain registration and that's about it.

Hi,

Im new to oscommerce. This is the first time i am installing it when trying to do Database import it succeeds the test but then gives me an error SQL: /install/oscommerce.sql could not be found.

I have my webserver at godaddy and its a windows based server. I just have a root directory there is no home or public_html directory so i have copied the catalog folder in the root.

Can someone please help?

Hi,

Can you suggest me any other hosting website then i dont want to spend much in hosting as this is just a start for me.

I've used GoDaddy w/ OSC without any notable problems. Your problem lies in that you have their Windows hosting package. Their Windows hosting does not allow MYSQL databases, that I know of. You need their PHP/CGI hosting plan (same price, I believe). You'll just need to call them and have them make the change. If you'd still like to change hosts, I've used www.mysitespace.com with OSC, as well, and have not had any problems there, either. (They'll even install it for you, I believe). HTH.

I've used GoDaddy w/ OSC without any notable problems.  Your problem lies in that you have their Windows hosting package. Their Windows hosting does not allow MYSQL databases, that I know of.  You need their PHP/CGI hosting plan (same price, I believe). You'll just need to call them and have them make the change.  If you'd still like to change hosts, I've used www.mysitespace.com with OSC, as well, and have not had any problems there, either. (They'll even install it for you, I believe). HTH.

so, if mysql does not work with windows why do they offer mysql with it? or is it just the OSC problem. If i use mysitespace as my hosting do i still need to use Linux as the OS or i can still use Windows with PHP and MySQL for OSC?

I checked my fuzzy memory of my GoDaddy experience.

My problem was, I tried to install WSNlinks which needs PHP 4.3.10 to run. Most hosts upgraded to this years ago.

I ran a test script and it said GoDaddy was still running PHP 4.3.2 and the script would not run.

I sent the report to GoDaddy and asked if they could help. They replied as follows:

"Thank you for contacting customer support.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to run any other version of PHP higher than what we currently have at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way."

So, I moved to Hosting Trade and had no problem with several PHP based programs I have installed.

Rik Rasmussen

I checked my fuzzy memory of my GoDaddy experience.

My problem was, I tried to install WSNlinks which needs PHP 4.3.10 to run. Most hosts upgraded to this years ago.

I ran a test script and it said GoDaddy was still running PHP 4.3.2 and the script would not run.

I sent the report to GoDaddy and asked if they could help. They replied as follows:

"Thank you for contacting customer support.

Unfortunately, we have no plans to run any other version of PHP higher than what we currently have at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way."

So, I moved to Hosting Trade and had no problem with several PHP based programs I have installed.

Can you use Mysql and OSC with Windows in some other hosting website?

Archived