• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image problems

I am having a problems with my images being to abnormal in size to upload to OSC, when I do they get all mis-shaped.

I was hoping someone knew of a script that would add white to the edges to keep the image looking right (what ebay does for image gallery images)

IF you dont know what I am talking about check out my link.

http://picturescafe.com/product_info.php/c.../products_id/75

I think there is a contribution to help you with that, not sure of the name of it off the top of my head right now.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I dont understand.

Do you want to have your images blend with the background color (white) of your site like the image for the Decorative Dragon Wings Axe?

because if thats the case, I know you can do it with any good gfx application.

If you are trying to to have normal looking thumbnails due to object being overly wide etc.. then...

Lets say you have 100x90 thumbnails...

resample the original image to the minimum in this case.. x90 ...

then create a transparent image 100x90.. and paste/import your original image you just resampled in the new blank transparent image... and that should sort out that problem.

Hope I answered your question.

I dont understand.

Do you want to have your images blend with the background color (white) of your site like the image for the Decorative Dragon Wings Axe?

because if thats the case, I know you can do it with any good gfx application.

If you are trying to to have normal looking thumbnails due to object being overly wide etc..  then...

Lets say you have 100x90 thumbnails...

resample the original image to the minimum in this case.. x90 ...

then create a transparent image 100x90.. and paste/import your original image you just resampled in the new blank transparent image... and that should sort out that problem.

Hope I answered your question.

I am currently going through by hand and changing all the images to fit the 150 by 120 ratio (not the size but the ratio)

I need a program that will add the white iam adding. Id like it to be a OSC script

All images are not the same size, you need to use a width only size and no size in the height and the rest will take care of itself.

Nachoman

I am having a problems with my images being to abnormal in size to upload to OSC, when I do they get all mis-shaped.

I was hoping someone knew of a script that would add white to the edges to keep the image looking right (what ebay does for image gallery images)

IF you dont know what I am talking about check out my link.

http://picturescafe.com/product_info.php/c.../products_id/75

I simply went into the files and removed the IMAGE_HEIGHT attribute. Then I set a <div> tags around them and set the width there. Now all my thumbnails are the same size and nice and neat.

take a look.

http://www.grindhousedesign.com/catalog/

Rich

Archived