• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My admin interface is not showing new orders

jmj-enterprise

I've been having a few problems with oscommerce...

first of all, not all of my incoming orders are showing up on my admin interface.

secondly, the index is very hard to edit. how do i change their logo to my logo on the top of all my pages?

I'd appreciate any help I can get...I'm still new to this!

I've been having a few problems with oscommerce...

first of all, not all of my incoming orders are showing up on my admin interface.

secondly, the index is very hard to edit. how do i change their logo to my  logo on the top of all my pages?

I'd appreciate any help I can get...I'm still new to this!

If the orders are not coming thru - how do you know you have outstanding orders ? If you have an answer to this then you should be able to trace back and see exactly what those people who are placing unseen orders are doing and your solution will be in there somewhere.

As to changing your header images etc - look in the knowledge base - it is a wonderful thing.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

If the orders are not coming thru - how do you know you have outstanding orders ? If you have an answer to this then you should be able to trace back and see exactly what those people who are placing unseen orders are doing and your solution will be in there somewhere.

As to changing your header images etc - look in the knowledge base - it is a wonderful thing.

Charles

THANKS FOR MUCH FOR THE REPLY. I KNOW I'M GETTING ORDERS BECAUSE I'M RECEIVING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS, BUT THE ORDERS THEMSELVES ARE NOT SHOWING UP. WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?

THANKS FOR MUCH FOR THE REPLY. I KNOW I'M GETTING ORDERS BECAUSE I'M RECEIVING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS, BUT THE ORDERS THEMSELVES ARE NOT SHOWING UP. WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?

Ok - how are the credit card payments being processed - Paypal, 2checkout, or how exactly ? If it is one of the osC supported payment gateways then your problem will be in the way you have linked the gateway to your cart.

Charles

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Have you tried doing a forum search for "order not showing" I ask since this issue has been asked several times and there are several fixes to try.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

IT'S VIA PAYPAL, BUT IT CAME SET UP WHEN I SIGNED ON WITH THE HOSTING SITE--BUT THE HOST SITE CAN'T HELP ME. IT HAPPENED AGAIN TODAY. I GOT SOME ORDERS SHOWING ON THE INTERFACE, BUT NOT ALL. I'M VERY NEW TO THIS AND IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING!  :angry:

seems to me that you have a situation where you may require the paypal IPN - what appears to happen in your case is some customers are going to paypal and making payment, BUT they do NOT click on the final button on Paypal. Therefore Paypal has payment - and you get to know about this - but the order is NOT populated on your order database because they did not complete the last action on Paypal !!

If you instal the Paypal IPN - the order is temporarily stored on your order database BEFORE they are sent off to Paypal to make payment. When they get to Paypal even if they do not click on the final button, if they make payment Paypal will send you a notification that payment has been made and at the same time the temporary order is firmed up - you therefore have your orders every time when payment is made.

If payment is not made Paypal will not send the IPN and your temporary orders will show up as temporary and you can delete these every once in a while

To install the IPN contribution look under contributoions for Payment and follow the instructions

Good luck

hth

Charles

Archived